Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

DeltaMasterMind

Old February 16th, 2018, 01:32 PM
What is the best way to disable the script which adds bonus languages via the INT modifier? In my group we have come to the conclusion that one should only get languages if they trained (Linguistics) or adjustment (Some special artifact).
So as a nod to that logic I what to disable the script or change the way that value gets set. The problem is when I try to use the Starting Languages known Adjustment to build upon, I can not get my mechanic or bootstrapped ability with that script to work. Been using:
Post-Attrib 100
~add/remove to our languages known
herofield[tLangsSta].value -= hero.child[aINT].field[aModBonus].value

and

Pre-levels 4000
herofield[tLangsSta].value -= 3

The number is just for testing yet I see no effect. The above code is taken from the adjustment. Can someone shed some light on this matter? Thank you.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 17th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
Pre-levels 4000
herofield[tLangsSta].value -= 3
This script works without issues for me.

To make sure we are on the same page Pathfinder has TWO different areas to control languages. Starting languages which appear on the "Background" tab which come from base ability score and race. Then you also have the "Languages Known" that appear on the Personal tab which come from increases of Int (ie magic items) or skill increases.

It sounds like your trying to adjust the Languages Known not the Starting languages correct? In which case use the "Skill Langauges Known" adjustment as a starting point:

Pre-Levels/4000:
Code:
      ~ If we're not enabled, get out now
      doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

herofield[tLangsSpk].value += field[pAdjust].value

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old February 18th, 2018, 05:49 AM
Actually I am trying to prevent the INT mod from adding starting languages, unless however the mod edits both background and personal language count (not sure on the specifics). I have group members that disagree with this mechanic and others who are indifferent about it find the bonus languages annoying to setup when playing INT based characters. Also I am trying to set this up as a sourced mechanic to my custom rules file. Under adjustments this code works, but as an ability or directly set up in a mechanic it was not working for me. Not sure if there is underlying script which allows the adjustments "deeper access" into the hero.

The goal is for additional languages granted only from trained methods (such as linguistics). I may leave bonus racial languages as that would get hairy to code out, but really we want to take the languages to a more realistic approach aka languages that you learn from geography or from training, not languages just because you are a beacon of brilliance.

So basically if I can get something like:
~add/remove to our INT based starting languages
herofield[tLangsSta].value -= hero.child[aINT].field[aModBonus].value

Not sure if possible given the timing required to do this.

Edit: Seems Final Phase 20000 works with the above code.
Does anyone have an idea what timing would be best for this code? Post Attributes 100-5000 doesn't work.

Pathfinder Thread
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; February 18th, 2018 at 07:01 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 18th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Edit: Seems Final Phase 20000 works with the above code.
Does anyone have an idea what timing would be best for this code? Post Attributes 100-5000 doesn't work.
If you found a timing that works why do you need a different timing?

I would go really late in the Post-Attributes phase like 999999999. Most likely 100-5000 is before some script LW has running and its negating your logic would be my guess.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old February 18th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If you found a timing that works why do you need a different timing?
I don't always have a good reference of timing setups in my head, perhaps my script may be breaking some other scripts' work that I am not aware of. That is why I ask in case anyone "may" have some insightful wisdom to add.

Pathfinder Thread
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 19th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Quote:
I don't always have a good reference of timing setups in my head, perhaps my script may be breaking some other scripts' work that I am not aware of. That is why I ask in case anyone "may" have some insightful wisdom to add.
Unless you have access to the core files of Pathfinder you are never going to know if the timing you picked is 100% correct.

That is just the way things are since we are blind to the complete inner workings. If the script seems to work and you try a few known things with languages I will say you are good.

Even after all my years sometimes I just have to settle for "I am pretty sure" this is the correct timing.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old February 20th, 2018, 05:04 AM
Understood. Thanks for that Shadow.

Pathfinder Thread
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #7 Reply With Quote