Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sports03

Old August 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM
We upgrade to 3.2 thru the Army Builder update page and everything went fine until it finished then a message popped up stating that a license has been installed recently and we have to wait 120 day to get the full services back. An update should not affect the license in anyway. I hope people read this before updating or they will be in demonstration mode which sucks.
sports03 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM
There is only one situation I can think of where the identity of a system will change between V3.1 and V3.2. That's an incredibly rare situation that normally should have resulted in V3.1 actually *crashing* - which is obviously why it got changed.

When you say you upgraded "thru the Army Builder update page", it's not clear whether you did so from within AB itself or by downloading it from our website. I'm assuming the former, but I just want to confirm that detail. If you performed the upgrade from within AB and AB was licensed prior to the upgrade, I don't know what could have caused your system identity to have changed. I'll have to investigate this.

Please send an email to support with an explanation of the problem, your name, and (most importantly) your license number. Unless there is something odd going on with your license, we should be able to get the waiting period waived so you can get running again.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nutzin23

Old August 7th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I am having the same problem.
I sent an email to support@wolfair.com with my cd key.
nutzin23 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I just went through the history of changes to the source code for generating the system code. I confirmed there is only one situation where the system code will now be different for V3.2 versus V3.1. It's the one I referenced above.

Looking closely at the code, it's possible that V3.1 would not *always* crash under that old circumstance. So I guess a few of you were getting lucky that V3.1 didn't crash. If you run into this issue, just send an email to support and Nancy can get it sorted out for you.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
nutzin23

Old August 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Rob, I tried to email support@wolfair.com and I got a bounceback email. I tried it again from my Gmail account and same thing. Can you PM me so I can get this fixed? email me back at jonathan.mutz@gmail.com. I have two keys that are now locked out after upgrading to 3.2
nutzin23 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2009, 01:29 PM
What sort of "bounceback" email are you referring to? I just tested things out and have no problems sending an email to support@woflair.com. All I get is the standard "got it" response that is returned. Every email submitted to support@wolflair.com returns an automatic acknowledgement email from the server to let you know that we received your email. Is this what you are referring to as a "bounceback" email? If so, everything is working properly and Nancy will get to your email when she next processes the support queue (probably tonight).
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old August 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutzin23 View Post
Rob, I tried to email support@wolfair.com and I got a bounceback email. I tried it again from my Gmail account and same thing. Can you PM me so I can get this fixed? email me back at jonathan.mutz@gmail.com. I have two keys that are now locked out after upgrading to 3.2
its not support@wolfair.com

its support@WOLFLAIR.com. the second L is very important

p.s. support@woflair.com probably wont work either
Yobtar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Nice catch. I didn't spot the typos - in either his post or mine. Ah, to not be scrambling to get on a plane for GenCon in 40 hours and be able to catch the details... :-(
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old August 9th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Just trying to keep tensions down and make sure your awesome product continues to build a fan base.
Yobtar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
nutzin23

Old August 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Ahhh no wonder they weren't going through! User error!
nutzin23 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote