Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

MaxSupernova

Old September 2nd, 2019, 08:36 PM
Comes back after a long time away to see if anything has changed.

Reads this thread.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
MaxSupernova is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old September 2nd, 2019, 11:41 PM
Sad, but true, yes.

And, Lj Stephens, thank you for your reaction, but imho it sounds regrettably to much like stonewalling.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:06 PM
This thread needs a positive spin....
Iam happy with RW atm - even w/o roadmap - bam

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
SenahBirdR

Old September 20th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Personally I think Realm Works is still the best idea for a World Management tool to date. The basic implementation is great and when I have properly taken the time to use it, my games have been stronger for it. The slow down and end of development is certainly unfortunate, but does not make me regret my purchase.

However, I probably wouldn't recommend the program to most people. Despite the power and flexibility of the program, there are a few major issues that I feel are going to be deal breakers for some of my friends. The lack of support and ease of access for players.

I also do not bother with the subscription to the server. Which I feel is probably a big reason Lone Wolf cannot prioritize this program. Without the subscriptions, there isn't the income stream to support the program. However, the long slow road of previous development depressed the willingness to give them a chance on the subs.

Even though it is on the back burner for now, I feel LWD can get this project going again and be quite successful. The biggest thing I need to start paying for a sub is for there to be the web based access for players to view my realms. I don't think web based editing is needed, though it would be a nice feature. The program basis of RW I feel makes it more useful than current and upcoming competitors when it comes to world management.

However, in my experience I am not going to get players to download a new program to view my world. In that sense, I need a web based front for players to access the information. Obsidian Portal is still the top choice of my friends for this, though a number are shifting to World Anvil and some are excited for YARPS.

Regardless, thank you for being honest about what is currently going on. I am still hopeful that Realm Works can continue development and become a powerhouse, but am prepared for it to stay where it currently is at.
SenahBirdR is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2019, 08:37 AM
SenahBirdR - thank you for your kind words, and for your constructive feedback. It is appreciated.
Lj Stephens is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Conandy

Old September 30th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Weeellllll, I guess we got our road map. A big old "you've reached the end of the road" sign. Sigh.
Conandy is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus

Old January 27th, 2020, 05:38 PM
I've checked out a few other tools for campaign management and none of them seem able to withstand the robust ocean of sand that I promise is actually a box though you can't see the edges of it.

I'm really sad it seems RW is being given up on.

Some new developers and a new subscription/business model could probably revive it but getting people to care again after a period of mismanagement would be hard.

It's always sad when a good thing doesn't work out, and for unclear reasons to boot.
Raistlindantilus is offline   #57 Reply With Quote