Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Ualaa

Old December 20th, 2022, 01:14 PM
I messaged Adam on the Kickstarter for Spheres of Guile.
He said that WhiteUnggoy has not responded to any of his emails in quite some time.

Not sure if anything has happened to him or if he's just abandoned the project or is simply too busy with life at the moment.

Also not sure if Drop Dead Studios is looking for a replacement for Hero Lab files or not.
If they make more HL files for Spheres, I'll keep buying them.
At this stage, we might have everything we're going to have.
Ualaa is offline   #1221 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 20th, 2022, 05:59 PM
That's a shame. I'd buy them as well especially a mythic one

EDIT
I'm trying to recreate a third party ability (sphere's of power) to increase the number of talents in a seperate tab. Specifically the sphere arcanists moldable talents however they seem to have created them since its an archetype by not using the custom abilities option. I've tried to increase them using primary, secondary, tertiary, quarternary and quintary abilities as well as class ability range and value. The last two did allow me to select moldable talents but not change the number I had. So I tried to track down where they came from.

The sphere arcanist does have a bootstrap to cSoPMoldableTalen or moldable talents and that has a bootstrap to cfgSoPMoldTalents which contains the following script . . .

field[cfgLevel].value += hero.childfound[cHelpArc].field[cTotalLev].value
var bon as number
bon = field[cfgLevel].value + 1
bon = round(bon/2,0,-1)
field[cfgMax1].value += bon

I'm fairly sure this is saying to calculate the total arcanist level and assign a number of moldable talents equal to half that total. However changing it doesn't seem easy to do if I for example change cHelpArc to the archwizard it'll either fail or create a new tab for that class. Does anyone have advice on how I could get archwizard to increase the arcanists moldable talents by 5 when its as far as I can tell a hardcoded ability you can't add or subtract from like normal magic talents?

Last edited by Senko; December 20th, 2022 at 09:20 PM.
Senko is offline   #1222 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 21st, 2022, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
I messaged Adam on the Kickstarter for Spheres of Guile.
He said that WhiteUnggoy has not responded to any of his emails in quite some time.

Not sure if anything has happened to him or if he's just abandoned the project or is simply too busy with life at the moment.
WhiteUnggoy's last post to this thread (or any other) was April 2022, though he was on the forum at the start of September. Hopefully he's just had a crazy year like many of us.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1223 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 23rd, 2022, 10:09 AM
He hasn't been responding to Adam's (Drop Dead Studios) emails.

I hope that he's okay, and that life has just gotten crazy.
That does happen from time to time.
And HL coding is something done on the side, not a main job.
Ualaa is offline   #1224 Reply With Quote
Gozuja

Old February 27th, 2023, 03:06 PM
I've been tinkering with making a new sphere from scratch and setting it up in hero lab -- but while I've managed to get one defined and staged as far as I can tell identical to the existing spheres, for some reason it won't create a new tab for itself when a character gains it as a talent. Is there some behind the scenes / extra step that needs to be done that someone might be kind enough to clue me in on?

Edit: I figured it out, hoo boy .dat files. Minor UI thing but I couldn't figure out how to get the custom sphere tab to have similar messaging e.g. 'No more Bonus ____ Talents can be added' in the selection panel, just a blank slat. It still functions to click on and all, I just have no clue where the structuring or messaging for that sort of thing is kept among the resources.

Last edited by Gozuja; February 27th, 2023 at 05:30 PM.
Gozuja is offline   #1225 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 1st, 2023, 04:56 AM
As an example, the shield sphere's tab is here:
DDS_SpheresOfMight_TabShd.dat

The resource that counts available shield talents is resSMCTShield and in these files:
DDS_SpheresOfMight - Helper Things.user
DDS_SpheresOfMight - Spheres.user
DDS_SpheresOfMight_TabShd.dat

You will need both somSpShield and somTlSpShield plus any talents, drawbacks, etc.

The Tab file references forms in the DDS_SpheresOfMight - Forms.dat file and uses the SoMSphTab.Shield tag to know when to display. This is pushed to the hero by SoMTalent component script at eval index 13 (Final/50000).

If you examine the interactions of all the components of the Shield sphere, you can replicate.
risner is offline   #1226 Reply With Quote
Mediator9292

Old November 9th, 2023, 01:13 PM
Since we're unlikely to get any new official HL PF1e content, has anybody made any progress on making their own conversions of the Mythic Spheres content? I have 2 players who are interested in converting to Spheres magic, so I bought the Ultimate Spheres package, but we're also playing with Mythic Tiers. For now, we're looking through those pdfs and using simple filler code spots - but if anybody has made even partial progress on Mythic Spheres content, I'd be happy to try and help with what little skills I bring to the table!
Mediator9292 is offline   #1227 Reply With Quote