Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

icantfallasleep

Old September 3rd, 2015, 06:59 AM
We run our games on a TV/table setup and we currently use Combat Manager. However I just bought Hero Lab and a subscription to most it's content. i'd like to run my games off of Hero Lab if possible, especially since I can design and tweak encounters better and more granularly on Hero Lab ...

I have the tactical console which shows monster stats and PC stats. However I cannot seem to find a player friendly (does not show monster stats) initiative window I can put on our second monitor (the TV) for everyone to queue up their turns.

Can you please help me find it? Maybe there is a setting to hide that information on the tactical console?
icantfallasleep is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
icantfallasleep

Old September 3rd, 2015, 07:03 AM
Maybe export encounters into Combat Manager? I seem to recall hearing you can import HL PCs into Combat Manager, maybe you can do that with Monsters and Encounters?
icantfallasleep is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 3rd, 2015, 10:43 AM
Maybe combat manager but really Initiative tracker is really meant for DM's not players. I can see how it could help but also bet many DM's would feel that it was to metagaming or giving away too much info.

Can't think of a way to do this with HL currently that does not give away all the info...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 27th, 2015, 12:27 PM
With combat manager you can remove the window/pane with all the monster stats. But, you will still have all the names of the monsters etc... I think in most games, even that would be revealing too much information. As such, I think combat manager should only be a GM tool as well but whatever works for you I guess.

I just recently purchased hero labs and tried using tactical console and found it very difficult to use and lacking in many features in comparison to combat manager so I still have to use combat manager.

Are there any plans to make the tactical console more user friendly and more feature rich/customizable? Would really love an all in one solution.
Dhrakken is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 27th, 2015, 01:22 PM
We would love to make improvements to the tactical console, but haven't been able to find the time yet. It's certainly on the radar though.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 27th, 2015, 07:58 PM
I'm the DM in our games, and use Combat Manager in conjunction with Hero Lab. You can save encounters in Hero Lab and open them with Combat Manager. Occasionally, hit points don't transfer across, but those can be entered fairly easily.

I liked the combat options from an older program, DM Genie. Combat Manager is a lot closer to that functionality, and I'm a lot more comfortable with it now than initially... and Hero Lab, as much as I love it for the building of characters, it wasn't what I was looking for as far as running combats go.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old February 27th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Any updates on a player-friendly initiative window? My setup is similar to the OP, where I run Hero Lab and Combat Manager on my laptop and display player info on the TV via the extended portion of my desktop. I would use Hero Lab exclusively if I could display a player-friendly initiative window, which currently only Combat Manager seems to allow.
Seems is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old March 1st, 2018, 10:00 AM
You could try the Initiative Tool for Map Tools. It is pretty fair. You can set up the PC party and each encounter before hand.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old March 1st, 2018, 10:36 AM
Do any of the tools hide enemies from the players? Without this feature I would never want to show the initiative to the players. Things I do not want the players to know:

1. When they go in relationship to the enemy (until the monster has had a turn)
2. How many enemies there are, i.e. enemy out of sight and is moving/sneaking in.
Toblakai is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
spsblue

Old March 4th, 2018, 03:17 AM
I export from Hero Lab into Roll20 character sheets. Then I use the initiative tracker in there.
spsblue is offline   #10 Reply With Quote