Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chava

Old February 27th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Just saw the link you guys sent out - the web access was one of the main things I was waiting for and it looks great!

... Which means I really have to get off my laziness and get the campaign I'm running input into RealmWorks

Thank you.
chava is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old February 27th, 2015, 08:37 PM
looks really promising. kudos. will ask questions later.

Last edited by mirtos; February 27th, 2015 at 08:44 PM.
mirtos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Since these guys beat me to it, here's the video that that they're talking about!

Sneak Peak of Realm Works on the Web!
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
looks really promising. kudos. will ask questions later.
Edit: I answered mirtos' question and he rescinded it. Apparently, I hit "Quote" after it was rescinded, and I didn't even notice. The original question was:
what sortof computer is it tested on? curious what browsers it will run in, etc...

We've tested on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE on the desktop. On tablets, we've tested on Chrome (Android) and Safari (iPad).

Our plan is to support only very recent browsers when we launch. Supporting older browsers now will greatly reduce and/or complicate our ability to do many of the cool things we want within the web-app, so our focus is to support current technologies now. Once we release, we'll likely be tethered to those browser versions for quite some time.

So, for example, this means we do not plan to support Internet Explorer on XP systems. Realm Works itself supports XP, so that's not something we're going to worry about. Our plans for the web are definitely focused on the long-term, so we're not going to unnecessarily hamstring ourselves out of the gate.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by rob; February 27th, 2015 at 08:55 PM.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hilmig

Old February 27th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Tried to view your video showing the web view, however couldn't hear the voice commentary it was all garbled. Have others had this issue and how have you fixed it. otherwise visually the web view looks Excellent.
Hilmig is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 27th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Played just fine for me. Tried with Opera 27 for Windows, both HTML5 and Flash. If you're using a browser and YouTube is using the HTML5 player, did you accidentally have the Speed turned up? (You can toggle players at the YouTube HTML5 Player Page.)

ObTopic: Good to know that the web version is being worked on.

Last edited by Parody; February 27th, 2015 at 10:00 PM.
Parody is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilmig View Post
Tried to view your video showing the web view, however couldn't hear the voice commentary it was all garbled. Have others had this issue and how have you fixed it. otherwise visually the web view looks Excellent.
I haven't been able to reproduce any problems on various devices I have access to. What browser are you using? What version? And on what platform and operating system?
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old February 28th, 2015, 08:43 AM
This looks great so far - I'm looking forward to seeing it live!

Joe said that it won't support editing "at launch". Does that mean that the plan eventually is to have it support the full range of editing that the desktop client allows? Or perhaps some subset of the capabilities?

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 28th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibecker View Post
Joe said that it won't support editing "at launch". Does that mean that the plan eventually is to have it support the full range of editing that the desktop client allows? Or perhaps some subset of the capabilities?
The plan has been to support it all, according to rob: Mac/iPad/Android Integration.

Parody is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old February 28th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Edit: I answered mirtos' question and he rescinded it. Apparently, I hit "Quote" after it was rescinded, and I didn't even notice. The original question was:
what sortof computer is it tested on? curious what browsers it will run in, etc...

We've tested on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE on the desktop. On tablets, we've tested on Chrome (Android) and Safari (iPad).

Our plan is to support only very recent browsers when we launch. Supporting older browsers now will greatly reduce and/or complicate our ability to do many of the cool things we want within the web-app, so our focus is to support current technologies now. Once we release, we'll likely be tethered to those browser versions for quite some time.

So, for example, this means we do not plan to support Internet Explorer on XP systems. Realm Works itself supports XP, so that's not something we're going to worry about. Our plans for the web are definitely focused on the long-term, so we're not going to unnecessarily hamstring ourselves out of the gate.

Hope that helps!
I rescinded because i felt it was rude to be questioning so fast, but thanks for answering. What about memory. I assume this is a lot of javascript, especially if you're targetting modern browsers (which i think is a great plan) so im curious what sort of memory requirements?
mirtos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote