Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

jflevesque

Old January 2nd, 2019, 05:00 AM
Hey everyone,

Really like this tool. I've just begun using it and had great success until today. I am getting "Topic 'topic name' appears in output more than once (the import will fail)." for every entry of my CSV. I've loaded the csv file into Excel, did a sort using the headers and I do not see any duplicate entry in my data (neither in the data table of the tool).

As a test, the name header is the only field I am currently importing, but I am still getting this error. Could anyone take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have linked the csv and import structure I am using. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip D&D 5e Spells.zip (104.8 KB, 7 views)
jflevesque is offline   #451 Reply With Quote
jflevesque

Old January 2nd, 2019, 11:38 AM
Ok, I may have stumbled upon a bug. I restarted the app and it is now working.
jflevesque is offline   #452 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 2nd, 2019, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflevesque View Post
Ok, I may have stumbled upon a bug. I restarted the app and it is now working.
It might be that you started setting up one topic category and then switched to another topic category.

The tool remembers the settings in both categories, because you might be building an RWexport file that contains more than one type of topic.

You only need to delete the name from the categories which you don't require in order to not generate topics for that category. The name can be deleted by right-clicking on the topic name field to return it to the blank state.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #453 Reply With Quote
Taronthir

Old January 28th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Has anyone else had difficulties with imports with this pairing? I've run into an odd situation where annotations are causing the import to error out. Specifically, it seems the error occurs when placing an annotation on a numeric facet (Label: Numeric field Annotation text box). The numeric field goes in fine, but unless I leave the annotation out of the import, the import hits about 39% and then the application quits with a lovely bug report dialog.

The only other field I've noticed anything strange with is the same annotation on pictures, though that may be unfamiliarity with what data it's expecting, since there was an import error on the report about a name being too short.
Taronthir is offline   #454 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 28th, 2019, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronthir View Post
Has anyone else had difficulties with imports with this pairing? I've run into an odd situation where annotations are causing the import to error out. Specifically, it seems the error occurs when placing an annotation on a numeric facet (Label: Numeric field Annotation text box). The numeric field goes in fine, but unless I leave the annotation out of the import, the import hits about 39% and then the application quits with a lovely bug report dialog.
Hi Taronthir,

Is the text being put into the annotation just good old plain text, or does it contain some HTML markup (or if importing from Excel does it contain some formatting)?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #455 Reply With Quote
Taronthir

Old January 29th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Hi Taronthir,

Is the text being put into the annotation just good old plain text, or does it contain some HTML markup (or if importing from Excel does it contain some formatting)?
The annotation field should be plain text. Mostly it's just extra notes explaining more about the numeric field - as an example, the numeric field might be the number of attacks per combat turn for an entry, and the annotation might be that the attacks are 2 punches and a head butt. The annotations were all hand-typed, so the only formatting would be whatever excel puts in by default for a general text cell. None of the annotations are larger than about 75 characters, and I avoided both single and double quotes in them. Other special characters might include +, -, or parentheses, but nothing outside of normal punctuation.

I did test this out prior to posting in a test realm - tag and hybrid text annotations work perfectly fine (those are the other two I use in this particular article set), the picture annotate I'm not too concerned about, I included it to be thorough.
Taronthir is offline   #456 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 30th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronthir View Post
The annotation field should be plain text. Mostly it's just extra notes explaining more about the numeric field - as an example, the numeric field might be the number of attacks per combat turn for an entry, and the annotation might be that the attacks are 2 punches and a head butt. The annotations were all hand-typed, so the only formatting would be whatever excel puts in by default for a general text cell. None of the annotations are larger than about 75 characters, and I avoided both single and double quotes in them. Other special characters might include +, -, or parentheses, but nothing outside of normal punctuation.
I will have a look at how annotations are managed for each type of snippet at the weekend. Hopefully it is a simple change

Farling

Farling is offline   #457 Reply With Quote
Taronthir

Old January 31st, 2019, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I will have a look at how annotations are managed for each type of snippet at the weekend. Hopefully it is a simple change
Thank you, it would be wonderful if it were. If not, Working around it won't be a huge problem, there are other pieces that I've found I will need to take care of manually - I haven't discovered yet how to make multi-domain tag entries in the csv/xls so they'll be interpreted properly. So I'll do those and the rest at the same time, it's only a minute or so of work for each imported entry.

Regardless, this is a wonderful tool you've created, and with all I've got in the works for importing, it's going to save me weeks or months of typing or copy/paste. Thank you very much for your work and creativity!
Taronthir is offline   #458 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 1st, 2019, 10:18 AM
V2.2 is available

This version will actually create annotations for all snippet types (except labeled text and multi-line snippets). Previously only a few snippet types were supported.

For numeric snippets, the string will be checked to ensure that it contains only digits which are valid in a number. If the field is invalid, an error will be reported in a pop-up window and the generated RWexport file will most likely cause a Realm Works error if you try to import it.

Taronthir, I don't know if this version will help with your problems; but could you give it a try to see if it behaves any differently please.

Farling

Farling is offline   #459 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:47 PM
Messing around a fair bit today with formatting.

This file imports fine but the BOLD text from column W to AN does not work. Interestingly the ITALICs does.

Don't suppose you can poke a hole in why?

File created with THIS.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; February 25th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
daplunk is offline   #460 Reply With Quote