Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

huntercc

Old December 20th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Anybody out there working on adding the templates from this book to the HL Pathfinder dataset? I've started with some, but it wouldn't make sense to duplicate work that someone else already has done.

Even if there are only have a few specific templates completed, we can always combine our end results into one big file.
huntercc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I know some monsters where done for the AP bestieary by the community. I don't remember which one but I can find out in a day or so.

I also know that the .1st files on d20pfsrd has a source created for the advanced Bestiary. I would recommend using it so that everything is tagged to the same source.

Sorry can't be any more clear right now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 21st, 2011 at 08:00 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks, I have been using that .1st file for my work. And I have seen some mention on here of people working on some of these templates, so I was hoping we could bring them all together as much as possible.
huntercc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 21st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercc View Post
so I was hoping we could bring them all together as much as possible.
Totally agree on this. So may as well mention a plan that has been on my to do list for a few months now. I want to combine all the bestiary AP's together into a single data set. Then like we did for the d20 project I was going to offer it as a Secondary Update URL. This means after a one time setup the data set would auto download and install just like the official updates do.

I figured DMs would find this very useful especially with all the pregenerated .por files that come with the APs.

Anyways I think what you have in mind would fit in perfectly. One thing that I would ask you to do would be to keep track of anything you bootstrap that is from a data set other than core. I want to start letting people know when they install what data sets are required.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:16 PM
I was hoping to accomplish the same thing with the Advanced Bestiary. I don't believe I have used any non-core bootstraps, I tend to avoid that anyway, but I will do a review to be sure.

For starters, I here are the handful of templates I have completed so far:

Amphibious Creature
Apocalypse Swarm
Arboreal Creature
Bipedal Creature
Blood Knight
Blood Knight, Dread
Bramble Creature
Cave Creature

I skipped the Amalgam for now because it's so complex... thought it would be better to tackle that one later on.
huntercc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
hangarflying

Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Hey,
I'm working on the Dread Ghoul and Dread Ghast in order to bring the RotRL into PF. I think I've got them pretty much finished, but right now I'm having an issue getting the Ghast's stench ability to list on the "Special" tab as well as appearing in the header of the stat block as an "aura", nor does it appear in the "Special Abilities" section of the block.

I just copied the "stench" racial ability and modified it so the Eval Script gives the range instead of range and rounds. I also changed the text, and added the "Extraordinary" ability classification.

Any ideas?
hangarflying is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
I did the Dread Skeleton for the D20 data files, and a element (fire) infused template in the Council of Thieves data sets. Plus a mock up of an amalgam creature also in the council of thieves! The amalgam template is a beast though, which is why it's only a mock up creature and not a proper template!

Last edited by bodrin; December 22nd, 2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Mispelled proper, was Roper!:D
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangarflying View Post
Hey,
I'm working on the Dread Ghoul and Dread Ghast in order to bring the RotRL into PF. I think I've got them pretty much finished, but right now I'm having an issue getting the Ghast's stench ability to list on the "Special" tab as well as appearing in the header of the stat block as an "aura", nor does it appear in the "Special Abilities" section of the block.

I just copied the "stench" racial ability and modified it so the Eval Script gives the range instead of range and rounds. I also changed the text, and added the "Extraordinary" ability classification.

Any ideas?
Look in the editor for the ability type buttons where you can select extraordinary, supernatural etc. Tick the correct classification and then do the same with the aura selection box, make sure "show in specials" is also active! Plus bootstrap the abilities to the template, the last bit is just in case you forgot to bootstrap them.
bodrin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
hangarflying

Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Look in the editor for the ability type buttons where you can select extraordinary, supernatural etc. Tick the correct classification and then do the same with the aura selection box, make sure "show in specials" is also active! Plus bootstrap the abilities to the template, the last bit is just in case you forgot to bootstrap them.
Ok, I got it figured out:

I copied the "raStench" to use as a base ability to modify. It had an eval script in it that would put the range & number of rounds the affect lasted in the header section. I deleted out the duration part, which had "abValue" associated with the duration and "abValue2" associated with the range. I deleted the duration part, but didn't change "abValue2" because I didn't think I needed to do so. Well, I removed the "2" in "abValue2" in the Eval Script and in the Field and now it shows up like it is supposed to!

Hooray!

Thanks for your help.

PS - I'd be happy to add these to the pile, if you haven't done them already. Would I have to send out my entire .user file, or can I send just those elements that deal specifically with these templates?

EDIT - after the fact, I just went in and deleted the eval script and field and just included that information in the "name" section of the bootstrap on the template.
hangarflying is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:56 AM
I have the Inveigler and the Dread Mummy done somewhere.
Lord Magus is offline   #10 Reply With Quote