Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kinevon

Old October 24th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armidale View Post
FYI, I just submitted version 3.8 to ShadowChemosh to post. Changes include:
* show weapon-specific trip/disarm attack bonuses for trip and disarm weapons
Many thanks for this.

Hopefully, both HeroLabs and the sheet have been updated that non-Trip weapons now include their bonuses for Trip maneuvers.

Quote:
* show both double and single attack bonuses on double weapons
* put reach distance in range box of reach weapons
And another thanks for this. Figuring out my Lore Warden's reach with his whip is bad enough, but if I ever use that potion of Enlarge Person....

Quote:
* show "nonlethal" in damage box of nonlethal weapons
Hopefully, it can accommodate the capability of the whip, with the proper feats (Whip Mastery and it pre-reqs), to be able to do either lethal or non-lethal damage with no attack penalty.

Quote:
* fix armor/gear names to not include long description of special qualities
* fill in armor check penalty in AC Items totals row
* correct AC Items total bonus to be the sum of rows in the table
* fix issue where spell-like attacks were listed twice
* fix CMB modifiers box in some cases where modifiers were omitted
* fix issue with character art sometimes split across pages (reported by Dragnmoon)
Many thanks.
kinevon is offline   #171 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeeter View Post
I really like those last two sheets - especially Roger's print-friendly one. I do have a couple of problems with it though. I can't see the money or encumbrance at the bottom of the equipment list and in some cases even half the list is missing. This happens in both the html version and the printed version, although more of the list actually shows up in the printed version.

The printed version also does some quirky stuff to all the box backgrounds and borders but I don't know if you can do anything about that since it appears to happen to both Roger's and Armidale's sheets. It doesn't tend to happen on the sheets (like Shadow's) that are designed like stat blocks.
Thanks for the kind words!

Regarding the money/encumbrance/equipment being cut off... I'm guessing that you just have a list of equipment and magic-items that is longer than will fit on the page (but I'd have to actually see it to be 100% sure). It happens in both the browser and the printed version because the browser is enforcing the size limits -- to ensure that it will look right when printed.

I'm going to experiment with some alternate layouts to see if I can come up with a way of solving this that people will still like.

Regarding the quirky backgrounds/borders... am I correct that you are using Windows and you are using a browser other than IE 9? Both Chrome and Safari (maybe others too... not sure) have limited printing capabilities on Windows. They specifically have limitations about NOT printing background colors.
AncientOne is offline   #172 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 24th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Right now the font sizes are basically what Sebacore originally did, I haven't changed them for the most part. The goal is to match the font sizes of the sheet in the core rulebook. Are the font sizes in the book's sheet too small for you too?
Looking at the Font sizes comparing to the Core Book sheet this is what I see.

Character Name/Information - Font is way to small, that can diffidently us an increase in Font size

Abilities - This is Larger then the Core, that is fine

HP/Speed/Initiative - This is Larger then the Core, that is fine

AC - seems to match well with Core

Saving Throws - Slightly Smaller Then Core

BAB/SR/CMB/CMD - Slightly Smaller Then Core

Weapons - Much smaller then Core can diffidently use a increase in size

Skills - smaller then Core can diffidently use a increase in size

Languages/Conditional Mod - Headings are fine, Input information can use a Font size increase

Everything on second Page - smaller then Core can diffidently use a increase in size

Other pages - diffidently use a increase

The Font size is just 2 tiny, and makes it hard to read, especially inputted stuff.

Looking forward to 3.8! Going to start using it for my PFS characters once I get my hands on it.
Dragnmoon is offline   #173 Reply With Quote
Tasha

Old October 24th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Looking at the Font sizes comparing to the Core Book sheet this is what I see.

Character Name/Information - Font is way to small, that can diffidently us an increase in Font size

Abilities - This is Larger then the Core, that is fine

HP/Speed/Initiative - This is Larger then the Core, that is fine

AC - seems to match well with Core

Saving Throws - Slightly Smaller Then Core

BAB/SR/CMB/CMD - Slightly Smaller Then Core

Weapons - Much smaller then Core can diffidently use a increase in size

Skills - smaller then Core can diffidently use a increase in size

Languages/Conditional Mod - Headings are fine, Input information can use a Font size increase

Everything on second Page - smaller then Core can diffidently use a increase in size

Other pages - diffidently use a increase

The Font size is just 2 tiny, and makes it hard to read, especially inputted stuff.

Looking forward to 3.8! Going to start using it for my PFS characters once I get my hands on it.
Just got back from vacation, I won't be doing any work on my sheet till next week.

One of my goals with Tasha's Sheet is to have legible text sizes (10-12pt) for important info. Also to use easy to read Serif Fonts on everything. Small point sizes plus Sans Serif fonts are really a way to increase eyestrain in users.
Tasha is offline   #174 Reply With Quote
Tasha

Old October 24th, 2011, 05:10 PM
This isn't a bug, but it would be a good thing if the wt of gear would round to the nearest thousandth or so. right now it just repeats fractional values till the float precision is filled.

ie 0.33399999999999996 lbs. for 20 firearm bullets.
0.333 is really all of the precision that we need. This is probably as much an issue with Hero Lab as the output sheet. Though I think there is a way to deal with this on the sheet.
Tasha is offline   #175 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old October 24th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Thanks for the kind words!

Regarding the money/encumbrance/equipment being cut off... I'm guessing that you just have a list of equipment and magic-items that is longer than will fit on the page (but I'd have to actually see it to be 100% sure). It happens in both the browser and the printed version because the browser is enforcing the size limits -- to ensure that it will look right when printed.

I'm going to experiment with some alternate layouts to see if I can come up with a way of solving this that people will still like.

Regarding the quirky backgrounds/borders... am I correct that you are using Windows and you are using a browser other than IE 9? Both Chrome and Safari (maybe others too... not sure) have limited printing capabilities on Windows. They specifically have limitations about NOT printing background colors.
Thanks! Those were definitely the answers for my problems. I hardly ever use IE at all (I'll try it and see) and other characters print fine (my rogue's a pack rat). I'm not too worried about the backgrounds - I can always use a high-lighter if needed.

@AncientOne, I'll have to get back to you on a full analysis like dragonmoon's, but I was just looking at the source code a few minutes ago and noticed that some of those font sizes are 6 or 8 points. I never use below 10 in most of my work so that may help you judge, I don't know. But 10pt or 12pt is more comfortable.

Thanks to you both for such great contributions.
Kinnakeeter is offline   #176 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 24th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Armidale's Custom Sheet updated to v3.8:
  • Show trip/disarm attack bonuses for trip and disarm weapons.
  • Show both double and single attack bonuses on double weapons.
  • Put reach distance in range box of reach weapons.
  • Show "nonlethal" in damage box of nonlethal weapons.
  • Fix armor/gear names to not include long description of special qualities.
  • Fill in armor check penalty in AC Items totals row.
  • Correct AC Items total bonus to be the sum of rows in the table.
  • Fix issue where spell-like attacks were listed twice.
  • Fix CMB modifiers box in some cases where modifiers were omitted.
  • Fix issue with character art sometimes split across pages (reported by Dragnmoon).

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #177 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 24th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinevon View Post
Hopefully, both HeroLabs and the sheet have been updated that non-Trip weapons now include their bonuses for Trip maneuvers.
I only show the trip attack bonus on trip weapons.

Quote:
And another thanks for this. Figuring out my Lore Warden's reach with his whip is bad enough, but if I ever use that potion of Enlarge Person....
The current version will only show the correct reach for small/medium characters. I'll add larger sizes to my todo list for the future.

Quote:
Hopefully, it can accommodate the capability of the whip, with the proper feats (Whip Mastery and it pre-reqs), to be able to do either lethal or non-lethal damage with no attack penalty.
Yes I do check for Whip Mastery before labeling it as nonlethal. I don't show nonlethal information for lethal weapons (including for a whip with Whip Mastery).
armidale is offline   #178 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old October 25th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
I only show the trip attack bonus on trip weapons.
I can understand that, but the FAQ has changed, so hopefully the information source can be updated to reflect that Trip weapons are not much of a bargain anymore.

Trip FAQ
And text:
Quote:
If you want to make a trip combat maneuver, do you have to use a weapon with the trip special feature?
No. When making a trip combat maneuver, you don't have to use a weapon with the trip special feature--you can use any weapon. For example, you can trip with a longsword or an unarmed strike, even though those weapons don't have the trip special feature.
Note that there is an advantage to using a weapon with the trip special feature (a.k.a. a "trip weapon") when making a trip combat maneuver: if your trip attack fails by 10 or more, you can drop the trip weapon instead of being knocked prone.

On a related note, you don't have to use a weapon with the disarm special feature (a.k.a. a "disarm weapon") when making a disarm combat maneuver--you can use any weapon.

Note: This is a revision of this FAQ entry based on a Paizo blog about combat maneuvers with weapons. The previous version of this FAQ stated that using a trip weapon was the only way you could apply weapon enhancement bonuses, Weapon Focus bonuses, and other such bonuses to the trip combat maneuver roll. The clarification in that blog means any weapon used to trip applies these bonuses when making a trip combat maneuver, so this FAQ was updated to omit the "only trip weapons let you apply these bonuses" limitation.

—Sean K Reynolds, 03/15/11
kinevon is offline   #179 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 31st, 2011, 03:53 PM
"Armidale's Pathfinder Sheet" updated to Version 3.9:
* Now supports automatic updates directly within HeroLab
* Increase font sizes to improve readability and better match the standard sheet (requested by Kinnakeeter and Dragnmoon)
* Display trip attack bonus for non-trip weapons (requested by Kinevon) but only if character has a trip feat, to avoid clutter (feedback welcome)
* Display brace/disarm/monk/trip weapon specials after weapon name in weapon block
* Add support for non-small/medium size creatures when computing reach distance displayed in range box of reach weapons
* Display 'steal' maneuver bonus for whips

Last edited by armidale; October 31st, 2011 at 08:23 PM.
armidale is offline   #180 Reply With Quote