Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old December 1st, 2014, 04:32 PM
Direct manipulation through the summary panels would make play-time a lot easier, rather than having to switch tabs all the time.
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
templeton

Old December 3rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
through no fault of the application or its creators, and should go without saying, the PC app is not designed for touch interaction. I do think with the progress their UI/UX person/persons(s) that there is a lot they can learn from how simple it is to use the tab(lite) version.
templeton is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Tielc

Old December 31st, 2014, 09:50 AM
IN addition to this, one thing the iPad has that I really love is the Dice Roller by nearly every single ability. I would love this on the desktop version. I can't GM off from my iPad, as I'm running MapTool as well. I made my purchase decision based on using someone elses iPad, and assumed a similar look and feel. I was a bit dissapointed after jumping the gun and purchasing nearly every pathfinder addon.
Tielc is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old January 4th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I notice that there are going to be Black Friday Deals on Windows 8.1 tablets for under $100 for 8" and $150 for 10" models. I bet there are going to be a lot more people interested in the possibility of using Hero Lab for Windows in tablet mode next year.

There's a reason those tablets are selling so cheap. it's because practically no one wants them. The big issue?? The selections in the App Store are terrible. And if you're using a tablet that has full Windows, instead of just App Store, the Standard Herolab application has you covered.
LazarX is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 4th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
There's a reason those tablets are selling so cheap. it's because practically no one wants them. The big issue?? The selections in the App Store are terrible. And if you're using a tablet that has full Windows, instead of just App Store, the Standard Herolab application has you covered.
Not if you want to use the tablet interface in play, or would like to see the enhancements that the iPad version gets, like the enhanced die roller.

(And the tablets I referenced are all Windows 8.1, not Windows RT, which I agree pretty much nobody wanted.)

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Techgnosis

Old August 8th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tielc View Post
IN addition to this, one thing the iPad has that I really love is the Dice Roller by nearly every single ability. I would love this on the desktop version.
This, this right here is what makes the iPad version so much better at a table than the desktop version. All I need to play PFS is my iPad and a mini.
I was recently contemplating selling my Laptop and my iPad on eBay and buying a Surface Pro 4 when they come out (rumors are currently pointing at October). For me, my iPad feels like kind of a waste, as I only use it for Hero Lab. Books (built in), Dropbox, and Hero Lab are the only things on it.
Then I went to my weekly game, and used my iPad and remembered why I liked the version so much. The desktop version is great for creation, but feels lacking for play. The way the stat-block is setup is very unfriendly, and if I tell it to display a Print Preview version, it looks great, but kind of defeats the purpose of being able to adjust stuffs like buffs and conditions of the fly.
Techgnosis is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 11th, 2015, 12:03 PM
What this all boils down to is preference and way one does things.

Right now we have one Ipad user of seven, but only because the current GM uses a windows lappy now. Try running tactical console on a Ipad for a massive 20 unit encounter?

The one lone user makes a case for never using an Ipad, and sticking to windows lappy for HL. I am not kidding, its hilarious and painful at the same time, he is the only one that holds up a combat round due to HL on Ipad or PC. Credit though, the GM is Ipad user when playing and does have such issues.

The rest of us, three have Ipads but prefer the PC version and the other two (includes me) have Surface Pros.

This isn't a PC vs Ipad issue, its what does the user prefer. Which is why LWD has both, to give everyone as much choice as possible.

Now LWD does have an option, IoS to Windows 10 converstion, MS has the tools. Not sure I would use it, but hey, an app on the store to "work with" your PC version installed.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old August 13th, 2015, 12:29 AM
I use the Windows version running on my server at home, and use remote desktop on my android tablet. Works wonderfully.
Fuzzy is offline   #18 Reply With Quote