Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Lonewolf147

Old September 14th, 2013, 07:35 AM
When you start a new character, you have the choice of manually selecting all the resources you want to use, or to load the system defaults (which you can manually set).

It think it would be nicer to have a drop down menu that you can save/select multiple config files for different situations. For instance, I as the DM use extra resources that I don't allow my players. So when me or my players are updating their characters, we could just select the config file instead of unchecking all the resources they don't use.

Right now I've created a whole new game system folder for myself and one for the players and saved the config files for each. It's annoying to have to switch systems in order to change between me and the players.

Any thoughts on this?
Lonewolf147 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM
That's an interesting idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

I, personally, don't know if there are any technical limitations to this. However, I can say that our Hero Lab team is currently spread pretty thin working to put out publisher content for the various game systems and fixing bugs. Nonetheless, we welcome suggestions so keep them coming!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 20th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Hey Wolf, I'm not sure what you're asking for here? It sounds like the Configure Hero panel, but I think I am missing something.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
Any thoughts on this?
The idea here is that you can basically do you what your asking. Each .por file will also save all the Configure Your Hero settings. So what I do for my players is make a Campaign Template file. I set all the correct settings for the campaign and save the .por file. Then they open that file to start any characters for that campaign.

You can do the same idea here and save the different settings into a .por file and just open the .por file for the settings you want. One for a DM and one for a Player. Build your NPC and then just save as to save the .por file as the new NPC.

Thats what I do currently to have different configurations.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The idea here is that you can basically do you what your asking. Each .por file will also save all the Configure Your Hero settings. So what I do for my players is make a Campaign Template file. I set all the correct settings for the campaign and save the .por file. Then they open that file to start any characters for that campaign.

You can do the same idea here and save the different settings into a .por file and just open the .por file for the settings you want. One for a DM and one for a Player. Build your NPC and then just save as to save the .por file as the new NPC.

Thats what I do currently to have different configurations.
That's a great option! Thanks for the suggestion, ShadowChemosh!
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Tasha

Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Hey Wolf, I'm not sure what you're asking for here? It sounds like the Configure Hero panel, but I think I am missing something.
No, For me I play with more than one GM. I would like to have a settings list (for Pathfinder) that I can customize to each GM. ie One GM only allows core plus a couple of books. That would be one set. Another set would be for the gm that allows everything but third party sources. The last would be for me when I GM which would allow for everything. Perhaps a drop down menu in the "Change Settings" inside the "Configure Hero" dialog.
Tasha is offline   #6 Reply With Quote