Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

dmhops

Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
How do you create zombies or skeletons with more HD? There is no option to create a more powerful creature
dmhops is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
There is a option to Add additional hit dice, you do it just like you would add a class to something.
Bigkilla is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dmhops

Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
That doesn't work.
dmhops is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dmhops

Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:11 PM
To be more specific, the additional HD option is only available if the race is a monster, like spectre. Since skeletons and zombies are templates the additional hit die feature does not appear.
dmhops is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old January 4th, 2011, 12:29 AM
I'm a bit confused - are you wanting to make a zombie/skeleton of a bigger creature (like a giant, or something?), or create a zombie of an existing character? Or else, just increase the HD of a plain vanilla zombie monster?

If it's the first two, you can just add the zombie template to the creature/character you are after.

If it's the last case, you could add the Advanced template. It doesn't actually increase HD, but it increases most other stats and makes a generally nastier critter.

It's probably easier to do it the first way, however - create the mortal character first, then zombify them using the template and you'll essentially get what you're after. I think!
Aldaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old January 4th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhops View Post
To be more specific, the additional HD option is only available if the race is a monster, like spectre. Since skeletons and zombies are templates the additional hit die feature does not appear.
You are right. The weird thing is if you create something that is not a playable race you can add the skeleton template and addition HD to it. Then you can go and change the race to something playable like a human and you get the option to add more HD to it.I think its a bug.
Bigkilla is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Searching this forum for "skeleton additional HD", here's the status of the bug that the additional HD option doesn't show up:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....68&postcount=3
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Exitilus

Old February 15th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I've been trying the above fix. But it appears I cannot add Additional Hit dice unless it has actuall racial hit dice. Things with none will not allow me (opposite of the other post)
Exitilus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Exitilus

Old February 15th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Got it. I had to add something with Racial Hit Dice. Add the Extra Hit Dice, then Change it to Human.
Exitilus is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Yeah Cause even with the Undead Lords if you try to add another Zombie or Skeleton template you lose all the Class Level Stuff
Virtue is offline   #10 Reply With Quote