Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

laserkid

Old March 25th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Hey everyone, just recently bought herolab to help me keep better track of mym players stats for an onlien game as having 5 pdfs open at once was killing my laptops memory for some reason.

Anyway - as I can't really ask my players to buy software to play with me, nor can I exp[ect them to blindly truist me I got their stats right, I've been trying to output PDFs from the herolab character files I've built for them.

The problem is that the output has been....well - not sure how to describe it so let me show you...

any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated!
laserkid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
laserkid

Old March 25th, 2012, 03:29 AM
So yeah I made two posts on this two days ago as I didnt see the other go through, someone wisely merged them together, so I'm just editing this one to remove redundnant info. Help is still appreciated if anyone has any ideas.

I have tried reinstalling the PDF output from downloading it, but no go.

Last edited by laserkid; March 26th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
laserkid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
laserkid

Old March 31st, 2012, 04:05 AM
Still could use help with this issue, however I do have more information - tI downloaded the beginner box for kicks since its not a downloadable system inside normal herolab. Outputting a PDF for it does NOT have this trouble, still do have the trouble with outputting pdfs from pathfinder, though.
laserkid is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 31st, 2012, 07:51 AM
My bet would be it's a font issue, but I wouldn't have the first idea as to where to start looking as I don't know what fonts are in use.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Joshua

Old March 31st, 2012, 08:12 AM
Did you download the pdf add-on through the updates? Are you printing to pdf or saving as pdf? The first thing I'd try to do to at least get it working for the moment is to try the other... So if you're printing to pdf, try just saving it as one instead. Or vice versa.
Joshua is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
laserkid

Old March 31st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Is there a specific font the pdf outputter needs? I havent changed any settings for the pdf output fonts (wasn't aware there was a way to do so)

Yes, I got the pdf outputter through the update system, been saving the pdfs, didnt think of printing, so tried that and I can't seem to get that to output a file at all >.<

Last edited by laserkid; March 31st, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
laserkid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 31st, 2012, 09:42 AM
Are you running Hero Lab under Wine? Wine does some weird stuff with fonts, which means our PDFs don't generate properly when you're running Hero Lab with it.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
laserkid

Old March 31st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Nope, just windows vista SP2

Though when I look at the outputted pdfs it says its using arial and times new roman.

What bothers me is outputting from begginer box has no issues, just from pathfinder proper. :/
laserkid is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 31st, 2012, 12:21 PM
A work around would be to install PrimoPDF which is free. This puts a printer called "PrimoPDF" on your computer that you simply print to and it creates a PDF file.

Its what myself and all my players use and it works great. Also allows you to create PDFs when using the Custom Sheets for Pathfinder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
laserkid

Old March 31st, 2012, 01:38 PM
That fixed the issue, now the profiles coming out in black and white, but I'm sure thats a setting in the pdf maker I can change, thanks!
laserkid is offline   #10 Reply With Quote