Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

bodrin

Old October 1st, 2011, 01:00 AM
I don't know if this is happening because of the update to the core files but the Damage Reduction special ability (xDamRd) won't show up on a custom creature i'm entering via the editor. It has DR 5/- just for reference.

All the other standard Damage reduction bootstraps appear as expected, its just (xDamRd) Damage Reduction ?/- that doesn't.

Help?
bodrin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
I just tried bootstraping xDamRd with a Value.5 tag and that worked correctly.

I then removed the bootstrap and just did the following script at Pre-Levels 5,000:
Code:
#applydr[xDamRd,5]
The above also worked fine. Yes in pathfinder you can just use the script without any need of bootstraping xDamRd as xDamRd is already bootstrapped to all characters in Pathfinder. Just an FYI.

Anyways the info showed for both correctly in the Specials tab. See attached pic.

So what method are you using? Bootstrap or Script. I much prefer scripts as it makes future changes so much easier.

If still not appearing post/send your .user file and I can take a quick glance at it. Never hurts to have a 2nd pair of eyes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noname.jpg (17.8 KB, 17 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:49 PM
I have it bootstrapped, haven't tried the script yet. I didn't have any problems with bootstrapping DR before on any of my custom data. As stated previously other DR versions show on the specials list.
I find it weird that it is happening now after an update. Oh well I may get to test code later on!
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Script and bootstraps don't work!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test.zip (10.0 KB, 1 views)
bodrin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old October 4th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Figured this quandry out.

If I untick the Ultimate Combat Armor as damage reduction setting in the configure hero options then DR 5/- shows on the specials list.

As its been added in the new update it was the only thing I ticked after creating the new race with xDamRd bootstrapped.

So a word of caution to fellow data authors. Unless it's a bug that DR 5/- should show even if the use armor as DR option is ticked
bodrin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I wanted to clarify what's going on here. Because the Armor as DR variant rules mean that the armor you're wearing provides DR, instead of improving AC, and because the DR it provides stacks with the DRs you gain from your race, or from a class ability, or from some other source, those DRs it stacks with are integrated into the Armor DR display that's on the Basics tab and Basics summary.

The DRs in question are DR/magic, DR/adamantine, and DR/-.

So, take a look at the Armor DR of your new creature while the Armor as DR rules are in effect. The Armor DR should be 5 points higher than normal, since the DR 5/- you added was incorporated into the Armor DR.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old October 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM
That makes a lot more sense now!

I'd presumed that any DR value would show on the specials list as well as the armor as DR indicator.

I haven't tested it yet as my time was eaten by a particularly troublesome template.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. I haven't started to read the UC book yet so I was unaware of the stacking rule.
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote