Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Necros99

Old January 24th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
The compendium site says that it hasn't been updated since the 7th. However, it looks like the compendium site is now returning errors when we try to retrieve something like the list of powers.

I'm investigating this now to see if there's another way the downloader can do it that won't cause these errors. Sorry for the inconvenience, all.
According to the Wizard Community Broadcasts, the Compendium was updated on 1/19.
Necros99 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
If thats true it explains why downloader errors are being reported now.
The page for compendium still says the last update was the 7th of december.
Wizards really needs to get on the ball about this stuff. They've really been slacking on communication since the launch of Essentials products...
RavenX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah the D&DI forum does say they updated on the 19th of January, thats probably why the updater is experiencing problems.
RavenX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Vrex

Old January 25th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros99 View Post
Further applying a filter on Powers (such as "Class: Fighter") seems to work fine. Is that something you can pursue?
Yeah - my testing on their website shows that you have to apply SOME kind of filter to get any results at all. Is that something that can be incorporated into the DDIDownloader?

Cheers.
Vrex is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
maxinux

Old January 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
It could be that WoTC is trying to make it difficult for products like Hero Lab to get the data, thus forcing everyone to use their online tools. I hope the Hero Labs team can find a work around.
maxinux is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 25th, 2011, 02:58 PM
their online tools are garbage. I hate their new CB. I was on the Now Loading screen on it for over 6 hours and the thing still was not loading... sorry but i need dependable software. WOTC effed up and they know it. GO to their forums and look at the complaint thread for the new CB
RavenX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
herrozerro

Old January 26th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
their online tools are garbage. I hate their new CB. I was on the Now Loading screen on it for over 6 hours and the thing still was not loading... sorry but i need dependable software. WOTC effed up and they know it. GO to their forums and look at the complaint thread for the new CB
Eh, haters gonna hate.

I highly doubt that you were loading for 6 hours, unless you have a crappy internet connection you should have refreshed it long before then.
herrozerro is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 26th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrozerro View Post
Eh, haters gonna hate.

I highly doubt that you were loading for 6 hours, unless you have a crappy internet connection you should have refreshed it long before then.
My internet connection was working just fine. It was taking that long to load. WOTC had a decent character builder that working just fine, but they decided to reinvent the wheel and gave us garbage. Everytime I have tried to get the new CB to load it fails or takes hours to load. Its garbage. They're using a plug in from microsoft that Microsoft doesn't even support anymore. All so that they don't have develop a version for Mac Users.
RavenX is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
thomas8977

Old January 26th, 2011, 09:58 AM
The thing that ticks me off, is that i paid to get the Hero Lab 4E because i have the Pathfinder, and i cancelled the WOTC Character Builder to save a few bucks, but by the way it looks, i threw 20 bucks down the drain because the 4E Hero Lab is broken.
thomas8977 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Roman Virtue

Old January 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I just got a month of DDI for the express purpose of downloading that info to Hero Lab. I'm hoping that there will be a workaround before my month is over, I'd hate to have to throw more money at the DDI of I don't have to...
Roman Virtue is offline   #20 Reply With Quote