Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Globetrotter

Old September 23rd, 2018, 12:47 PM
I’m not sure it was the intention for Automatic Bonus Progression to include racial hit die for calculations, but that’s what we currently have.

Can we request an option to have ABP only trigger off of class levels?

Currently, the work around is to add an adjustment to offset the racial hit die for every creature to balance it out

Last edited by Globetrotter; September 23rd, 2018 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Correct major typing errors and to clarify post
Globetrotter is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 23rd, 2018, 01:04 PM
What is ABP and APB?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old September 23rd, 2018, 03:43 PM
Goodness, I was trying to do this on my phone. My apologizes.

I meant to type ABP - Automatic Bonus Progression - Rules from Pathfinder unchained. I hope that clarifies my post.
Globetrotter is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 24th, 2018, 06:32 AM
Has Paizo made clear what the intention was, either in the rules or in subsequent rulings?
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old September 30th, 2018, 07:03 PM
I found a thread on the Paizo forums that makes me believe it should only be class levels.

This is the thread: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2urd2?Au...acial-Hit-Dice

Mark Seifter, one of the designers states the following:
You shouldn't apply it to racial hit dice, especially for a pure monster that already hits its numbers without using gear (which shouldn't use ABP at all). For a monster NPC with some monstery stuff and some class levels that would normally have equipment, you should give ABP based on the total CR, not hit dice (which may be much too high, especially for fey).

Granted, this sounds like you should not be using it for monsters at all really, but I can see a creature that uses weapons to probably need it to offset the wealth.

I do not think this is official of course, and there is already an adjustment I can make. It would be nice if we could have something.

I don't know.. maybe this is a pointless thread and I should just do the adjustment as needed.
Globetrotter is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 1st, 2018, 08:58 AM
It's my week for bugs, so why don't you report it to the automated system with a link to that post, and I will see what I can do.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote