Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Redcap's Corner

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:37 PM
I have a file I put together for a custom class that casts from spellbooks. I had no problems getting the starting spellbook working for the class, complete with free cantrips. I left the "Free Initial Spells in Spellbook" and "Free Spells/Level" fields blank, so they would default to 3+Int and 2, respectively, and they are, but they're counting the cantrips against those limits. Right now I only have 6 cantrips loaded in the spellbook (two of which are from the core rulebook, and four of which are custom cantrips). With a starting Int of 12, I should get 4 free spells at 1st level, but before I add any 1st-level spells, Hero Lab tells me I'm 2 spells over my free spell limit. I've looked at other spellbook-based classes and it doesn't look like I'm doing anything relevantly different on either the class or the starting spellbook, but magi and wizards don't seem to have this issue. What can I do to avoid it for my class?
Redcap's Corner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:30 PM
Are you bootstrapping the cantrips with the same tags and fields in the spellbook? Here is an example from the magus starting spellbook:

Code:
      <bootstrap thing="spAcidSpl0">
        <autotag group="Helper" tag="Shadow"/>
        <autotag group="Helper" tag="DefSpell"/>
        <assignval field="sSplbkFree" value="1"/>
        </bootstrap>
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:22 PM
Once you get into the Spellbook Details, click options and there is an option to add cantrips
ErinRigh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old February 24th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Are you bootstrapping the cantrips with the same tags and fields in the spellbook? Here is an example from the magus starting spellbook:

Code:
      <bootstrap thing="spAcidSpl0">
        <autotag group="Helper" tag="Shadow"/>
        <autotag group="Helper" tag="DefSpell"/>
        <assignval field="sSplbkFree" value="1"/>
        </bootstrap>
I did actually make sure the fields and tags were all there originally. However, it looks like whatever I copied them from (which I thought was the magus spellbook... weird), had Helper.BookDefSpl instead of Helper.DefSpell. I corrected the spells, and now it works fine! Thanks!
Redcap's Corner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old February 24th, 2018, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Once you get into the Spellbook Details, click options and there is an option to add cantrips
Thanks! I do know about that, but was hoping to have things more automated, so it would be less confusing for players. I'm all set now, though. Thank you!
Redcap's Corner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote