Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old March 14th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I pretty sure this was mentioned before but since we are close to release and I am finally using it with players I wanted to bring it up.

When you reveal information to the players the item number shows. I'm testing the Player View right now and I'm showing item 1, 5, & 6. So my players know that there's at least 2-4 missing. Knowing how my players are and I know other players would be the same way, they are going to fixate on 2-4 trying to figure out what they are. I would rather have the item headings without the numbers. Can we add this to a near priority list?

Thanks.
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bluephoenix

Old March 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM
quick fix would be to play mindgames of your own and say that the numbers aren't ordered and that some stuff is placeholders or just jotted ideas
Bluephoenix is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old March 16th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Ruhar,

I am not seeing what your asking about. When I reveal information it shows just the text. Also, if I reveal a segment of information that is in the middle, it ups the snippet in the middle but does not reveal if there are more around it that are not revealed.

I see:

1. Overview

3. Story

Categories but I don't think this reveals anything to the players and I actually prefer it this way as it segments out the information to the players so they know what the information pertains to. But then I don't always put things in the best place to begin with so.......
Mmurphy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old March 16th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Look again at what you see and the example you gave. You see 1 & 3 but you don't see 2. The missing numbers is the issue. The players see the numbers so they know there is no #2. That tends to drive players crazy who then drive the GM crazy. There really is no need to have the numbers.
ruhar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old March 17th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I suspect you'll find that players will get used to the fact that there isn't always info under each heading anyway, and that some headings have more than one item under them.
Portilis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote