Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

Senko

Old March 18th, 2020, 11:43 PM
So I gave in and bought a package to see how it worked currently (subscription, Starfinder and Dead Suns content) however I can't see anyway to add the ship you get for that AP at all. Is there a way to do this currently (and if so how please)?
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 19th, 2020, 03:56 AM
Starships have not been implemented (yet).

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old March 19th, 2020, 12:13 PM
Ah that's dissapointing not much point carrying on then till they get round to it as that's one of the big draws of starfinder. Thanks.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2020, 04:31 PM
A critical requirement for starships is having the entire party connected so they can all use the shared resource. We just got all that connectedness launched weeks ago. So starships finally have the foundation to build on and those will become possible in the not-too-distant future.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old June 14th, 2020, 12:30 AM
I am worried about that answer, sounds like something that will be linked to campaign theater.

I would like to remind you guys that home game use is not the only use for Hero Labs online, another use is as a character builder for org play which does not see the use of campaign theater.

What I want out of ships is just something I can use to track it during combat while playing Starfinder society. Something I can just input the stats from the org play ships and track the ship from there. If the ships are linked to Campaign Theater only, that will make this part of Starfinder I have been waiting for useless to me.

I am sure a group controlled asset is useful as well I just don’t want the to be the only way to get ship into the game.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; June 14th, 2020 at 05:53 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old June 14th, 2020, 04:09 PM
Rob, I beg to differ. Having a starship builder and tracker has nothing to do with having the entire party connected. I appreciate you have a vision, but I've long moved past waiting for HLO to have starship capability and have found several tools that provide useful starship information. I don't use CT (I don't play or GM tables where everyone has HLO), so I'm just looking for a way to build and track starship combat. I would have been happy to do it in HLO if that functionality were available, but am hard-pressed to change after 3 years.

Last edited by flyteach; June 15th, 2020 at 08:34 AM.
flyteach is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old June 18th, 2020, 09:30 AM
@Senko, this is the tool I use for building starships, it's also online but works very well: http://jamesturneronline.net/starfinder-ship-builder/

The best part is it outputs to JSON so your starship data is controlled by you rather than living in an unreliable cloud server somewhere.
dacoobob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
docpyro64

Old June 22nd, 2020, 10:08 AM
Given the age of the original post, is it safe to assume we won’t be seeing the spacecraft character sheet on HLO any time soon??
docpyro64 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 30th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Starships are absolutely still on the roadmap. With the change in how everyone is playing due to the pandemic, Rob chose to prioritize our focus to better support remote play, both within the product itself and by integrating with other tools such as VTTs. Those are the capabilities we're in the midst of putting into place now, once those features are live and working well, we should be able to circle back around to the other important items on the roadmap.
BJ is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old September 3rd, 2020, 07:31 AM
Any update on this? Just wonder since the Starship Operation Manual is out
marroon69 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote