Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lfseeney

Old August 13th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Was wondering if it would be possible for a Alpha/Beta user to post a backup of a data file that might help show what all RW can do.

Not sure it would work, but looks like it might.

Lots to see and figure out, looks good so far.
lfseeney is offline   #1
Nikmal

Old August 13th, 2013, 01:02 PM
We are not really able to I do not think. But there are videos that you can watch in the help section for tutorials on how to do things as well as some PDF's
Nikmal is offline   #2
lfseeney

Old August 13th, 2013, 01:13 PM
OK, in the KS stuff Rob talked about moving a campaign my using the backup so we could have it on laptop and desktop, just hoped that would work for some other data.

Easier to see how it all fits together is all, starting to add a short adventure in atm myself.
lfseeney is offline   #3
Precisi

Old August 13th, 2013, 09:35 PM
You can move backup files between different computers in your home so that you can bounce between machines (I've been switching between my desktop/laptop for a while now), but I'm pretty sure that your backup is tied to your RW account now with the server communication in place.

Whenever you create a new realm it 'talks' to the server about that, so I suspect it would be crashy if you tried to pull in a file that didn't match what was synched.. but.. that's just my guess. It might also cause issues down the road when the synching is fully in place, because I asked about having 'different' data on each machine and I was advised not to do that and continue working from the one file via moving it back and forth.

When I started with RW, I just kept it small and simple. First I started putting in the PCs and NPCs, and then I branched out from there. As I fleshed out the characters, all the other pieces came into play as I started tying them to places/items/etc. It's hard to make too many mistakes. The software is very forgiving when it comes to revising your structure.
Precisi is offline   #4
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Sharing databases between users will result in major problems for all involved. So that's a dangerous solution.

After we get back from GenCon, we're going to continue releasing more videos, as well as some actual tutorial data. We wanted to include the tutorial data in the EA release, but it didn't make it. We considered delaying the EA release until we could integrate the tutorial data, but we figured most backers would rather get their hands on it without that data than wait.

We're going to try recording our two seminars here at GenCon as well. If those work out well, then we'll make those available, which would be extremely helpful.
rob is offline   #5
Grey Mage

Old August 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Rob,

Definitely glad you decided to release the EA before GenCon rather than after... spent 10 hours playing with it yesterday.

I would give a big PLUS ONE on recording the seminars and releasing... many who were unable to make the Con would probably greatly appreciate it!

Product is still very rough around the edges, but lightyears ahead of anything else!!!
Grey Mage is offline   #6