Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Woodclaw

Old May 29th, 2010, 04:40 AM
When I select one of the pre-existing Alternate forms (solid, Energy, etc.). All the 0 rank powers are priced to 1pp rather than 0pp. This bothers me a little since I had some characters that used those templates but has some effects outside the Alternate form.
Woodclaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 29th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
When I select one of the pre-existing Alternate forms (solid, Energy, etc.). All the 0 rank powers are priced to 1pp rather than 0pp. This bothers me a little since I had some characters that used those templates but has some effects outside the Alternate form.
I think that's my fault.

I pointed out to Colen the section that states no matter how much you layer on the Flaws and Drawbacks, a Power (I'm talking about any Power not just Alternate Form) can never, ever, ever cost less than 1 full power point, most certainly it can't "give back" points by going negative - which is how I stumbled onto to the fact that Hero Lab wasn't maintaining a 1 power point "floor." For your character to have a Power, you gotta pay something for it, even if it's just one measley power point.

Otherwise nothing, apart for a watchful GM, stops you from having a hundred "0 pp" powers thanks to the magic of creative accounting, I mean, the right combination of Power Flaws & Power Drawbacks.

Let the hateful responses and the burning of me in effigy begin for that shall pale in comarison to the fate awaiting me at Monday's Memorial Day Game.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; May 29th, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old May 30th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
I think that's my fault.

I pointed out to Colen the section that states no matter how much you layer on the Flaws and Drawbacks, a Power (I'm talking about any Power not just Alternate Form) can never, ever, ever cost less than 1 full power point, most certainly it can't "give back" points by going negative - which is how I stumbled onto to the fact that Hero Lab wasn't maintaining a 1 power point "floor." For your character to have a Power, you gotta pay something for it, even if it's just one measley power point.

Otherwise nothing, apart for a watchful GM, stops you from having a hundred "0 pp" powers thanks to the magic of creative accounting, I mean, the right combination of Power Flaws & Power Drawbacks.

Let the hateful responses and the burning of me in effigy begin for that shall pale in comarison to the fate awaiting me at Monday's Memorial Day Game.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.
Well, the basic principle is sound, but this is just the classic exception in the programming code.
Woodclaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Oops, this was another case I overlooked Thanks, I'll fix it.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote