Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

phantomwhale

Old May 19th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Deadlands : The Flood presents some new martial arts weapons that have a "minimum Agility" requirement to use them.

Is there a way of adding this to a melee weapon in the Hero Labs Editor ? The Strength requirements stuff seems well developed for Strength, with it's own drop down and behavior in the main character portfolio sheet (icon to denote insufficient Str requirement, -1 to hit per dice short of requirement).

The ruling for insufficient Agility in this supplement is the weapon can still be wielded, but a roll of 1 causes the wielder to strike himself. So I guess a similar behavior to the Strength requirement would be ideal (greyed out when buying equipment, with a red message about agility requirements). Then once bought, a simple warning note about the lack of Agility against the weapon.

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited by phantomwhale; May 19th, 2009 at 04:18 AM.
phantomwhale is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
Deadlands : The Flood presents some new martial arts weapons that have a "minimum Agility" requirement to use them.

Is there a way of adding this to a melee weapon in the Hero Labs Editor ? The Strength requirements stuff seems well developed for Strength, with it's own drop down and behavior in the main character portfolio sheet (icon to denote insufficient Str requirement, -1 to hit per dice short of requirement).

The ruling for insufficient Agility in this supplement is the weapon can still be wielded, but a roll of 1 causes the wielder to strike himself. So I guess a similar behavior to the Strength requirement would be ideal (greyed out when buying equipment, with a red message about agility requirements). Then once bought, a simple warning note about the lack of Agility against the weapon.
Adding this behavior would be relatively easy, but it entails adding it within the core game mechanics, which are NOT accessible via the Editor. If you don't mind waiting a week or two, I'll put this on my todo list to add in the next update to the SW data files. Otherwise, I'll write up a brief how-to on adding this yourself. The only drawback of adding it yourself is that you'll need to thereafter muck directly with the SW source files instead of just using the Editor.

Let me know which you prefer....
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote