Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

The GIT!

Old November 18th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Well, all the updates seemed to do was break my HeroLab again. With a bit of trial and error I figured out that I was getting errors from the following files...

50Fathoms.user
High-Space Starships.user

I've removed the culprits from my SW data folder and I can at least use the software again.

FWIW - the only update I actually get notified of is "Savage Settings: 50 Fathoms (V1.5)" and it actually never disappears even after I've loaded it (at which point it breaks HeroLab anyway).
The GIT! is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 18th, 2015, 02:56 PM
When it updates but then says it still needs to be updated it's because the old version is still the one it's getting off of my Dropbox site. I need to figure out why Dropbox isn't updating with the latest one but this migraine makes it a little hard to think straight. Yes, you can always move any .user files that are not working out of your data directory to make it work again. I don't believe High Space Starships has even been updated yet (it's not one of my files anyway) so you'd probably just have to move that one out no matter what. All I can do is try to fix the ones you see listed in my signature, below.

I guess since I have so many data files up I'll try to ask about being on the beta test team for Hero Lab and then maybe that way I can find out beforehand if any new updates might break the files before those updates get pushed out. No guarantees they'll take me, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
The GIT!

Old November 18th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Hey zarlor - I hope your migraine gets better soon; I wouldn't worry too much about the Dropbox updating until you feel better mate.
The GIT! is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 18th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIT! View Post
Hey zarlor - I hope your migraine gets better soon; I wouldn't worry too much about the Dropbox updating until you feel better mate.
Thanks. The pain's gone now but I still tend to be a bit wonky afterwards. I don't mind trying to work on it I just can't guarantee I've got enough faculties to fully have it figured out on my own, so please keep the feedback coming.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 18th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
...I take it you did the updates for them this afternoon, correct?
The original updates was yesterday evening UK time, GMT. So... yesterday afternoon.

When I did the update from within the Savage Hero Lab, that was about an hour before my post detailing stuff earlier.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 18th, 2015, 06:06 PM
I did another push of the files to dropbox about 4 hours ago so if those errors were from yesterday please update again. You may need to remove the High Space files from your data/savage directory, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
nyarlathottep

Old November 18th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I can't even get into the program, at least not for Savage worlds (I can for Shadowrun). It just asks me if I want to update, I update, it asks me again. Not sure what to do.
nyarlathottep is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 18th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Tell it to skip the update. If you've downloaded it already, it's got that one. There's currently an issue with the synchronization of the version numbers.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
nyarlathottep

Old November 19th, 2015, 08:05 PM
That worked, thanks
nyarlathottep is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 20th, 2015, 01:48 AM
I've removed what High Space files I could find, and I now get no errors.

However, even though I've tried a couple of times, it still shows Deadlands Noir and 50 Fathoms as showing new updates.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #20 Reply With Quote