Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

supermouse

Old September 9th, 2015, 10:42 AM
I was wanting to use the optional rules for spell trappings like the acid or fire but not sure how to add those in. Can they be created then added to a spell so the effect will appear?
supermouse is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 9th, 2015, 01:41 PM
There is not enough space in the print-out to be able to see very much about a trapping. The trappings that you describe have several options that are applied on a case-by-case basis when you cast a spell. These options are way too much text to be able to fit it in that itty-bitty space. The only way to change this would be to change the output file.

What I have been doing is that I type "Fire" in the trappings space. Then I have the trapping information in a pdf or printed on a piece of paper for reference during play. The Fire trapping does not necessarily limit you to one of its options, you can choose while casting a spell, so you would want all of them, or at least those that are possible for one or more of your powers. I do the same with Powers, too, as I don't like having to look things up during play and the print-out for powers is rather limited on a character sheet. There are often details about a given power that are not in its summary.

Alternately, I have copy-pasted and typed game rule notes about a character in the "Personal Details" on the Personal tab. It will print them out, but I think that it has a limited amount of space on the print out as well. It is a great place to put notes on Edges and whatever that might not show up elsewhere on the sheet.

So to answer your question, there is not a good way to add all of the trappings from the SW Deluxe core book into Hero Lab as they are all effectively situational.

How would you want it done? Maybe you are thinking of something that I am not.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
supermouse

Old September 9th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Actually you fully explained things and I am going to take your suggestion. Thanks!
supermouse is offline   #3 Reply With Quote