Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

duhtroll

Old September 19th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Please forgive if I missed this in my search. On building, say, a 12th level pc for evaluation HL will allow the use of feats without checking to see if the build were legal.

Example, if your rogue is 12th level, the program will allow 4 master talents even though that would not really be possible.

Is there a setting in the options somewhere that can be added to make sure the build is legal? Or has this already been slated for a future update?
duhtroll is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Build the character a level at a time, so that you can check that he's correct at each level.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old September 20th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhtroll View Post
Please forgive if I missed this in my search. On building, say, a 12th level pc for evaluation HL will allow the use of feats without checking to see if the build were legal.

Example, if your rogue is 12th level, the program will allow 4 master talents even though that would not really be possible.

Is there a setting in the options somewhere that can be added to make sure the build is legal? Or has this already been slated for a future update?
With retraining, having 4 master talents are certainly possible. There isn't anything that I am aware of that limits the number of advanced talents that a rogue can obtain.
Quintain is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 20th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Not all campaigns allow retraining though.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old September 23rd, 2015, 05:26 AM
Just to confirm -- you're saying retraining can replace rogue talents with advanced talents?

The rules don't seem to back that up. Rogue talents are listed as class features in the retraining rules:

>
Retraining a class feature means you lose the old class feature and gain a new one that you could otherwise qualify for at that point in your level advancement. For example, if you want to retrain your paladin's fatigued mercy (which she gained at 3rd level), you can replace it only with another mercy from the 3rd-level list. >

Maybe I am reading that part incorrectly but rogue talents are on the same list as paladin mercies (as class features for the purposes of retraining).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
With retraining, having 4 master talents are certainly possible. There isn't anything that I am aware of that limits the number of advanced talents that a rogue can obtain.
Secondly, @Mathias the point of building a PC at 12th level is expedience and to purposefully avoid building it level by level. Going level by level makes the process much longer since I have to address each tab #=level times rather than just once. This method is used purely for planning but knocking out PC builds in a few minutes is one of my favorite things about HL.

HL tracks so many things and it seems that putting in a check for "you have too many advanced rogue talents for your current level" would seem to be possible. And if my conclusion above is incorrect such a check could easily be turned off. Same goes for feats. If you have too many combat feats that require BAB+6 or +8 at a certain level the program should be able to check for that.

By the replies, I am guessing it currently doesn't have this ability so I will submit it as a suggestion. Or figure out how to.

HL is a large part of why I enjoy Pathfinder vs. some other RPGs (all sources available in one place). Just hoping to be able to calm my false enthusiasm when I am choosing too many feats I don't qualify for.
duhtroll is offline   #5 Reply With Quote