Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 6th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I'm not using a transaction element at all on my display tables. They're just info portals in a template that call a procedure from procedures.dat that synthesizes the data to display. That's pretty much all they are.

I suggest studying the Portal (Element) in the kit wiki. Action portals are what you want to look at, specifically action="info" to set up the portals. All I did was use a mouseinfo in the portal to display the table.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; September 6th, 2014 at 10:09 AM.
RavenX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
sincla

Old September 6th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I'm following your advice and not using transaction elements at all. I'm talking only about the choose form on the dynamic table. How do I implement a script for when the "Add" button is pressed? This seems to be an auto-defined element and I can't find the code and there's no wiki documentation on it. If I make my own action portal to implement a trigger script, what is the code to add an item to the show form from the choose form? The attribute for that is also not listed on the description of the action portal. I think I'm just lacking access to kit information that's not on the wiki.
sincla is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 6th, 2014, 07:36 PM
What are you trying to get your table_dynamic to do?

Have you tried looking at the tab in 4e that lets a user add a class? You can look at the power tables to get an idea of what you need to do, they're dynamic tables.

You need a choosetemplate and showtemplate for table dynamic, these can be set to SimpleItem if they don't need to show more than the class name.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
sincla

Old September 6th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
What are you trying to get your table_dynamic to do?

Have you tried looking at the tab in 4e that lets a user add a class? You can look at the power tables to get an idea of what you need to do, they're dynamic tables.

You need a choosetemplate and showtemplate for table dynamic, these can be set to SimpleItem if they don't need to show more than the class name.
I'm sorry, maybe I didn't explain well what I want to do.

I just want to replicate the behavior of the class levels table in the class tab of the d20 system, where the levels column increments by one each time you add a class. For some reason I'm having a lot of trouble just getting it to number the rows sequentially (1, 2, 3, 4....). Is that more clear? I will spare describing to you all the failed approaches I've tried . I'm sure it's something really obvious, but I'm having a major beginner moment here.
sincla is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
sincla

Old September 6th, 2014, 08:06 PM
In the big picture I'm trying to make my own personal use files for D&D 5th edition, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a better idea to just use the d20 system and tweak it with the editor until it's good enough.
sincla is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 7th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I answered this question for you Here.

RavenX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote