Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

meek75

Old November 21st, 2014, 04:53 AM
I have just started to play around with player view in hopes of one day introducing it to my players. One problem I am having is with smart images. The simple pictures display fine when I am in player mode, but smart images are solid black (sometime a single pin will be visible) and sized wrong. Anyone else having this issue? I haven't submitted a ticket yet, but no one else is having this issue or has a fix I will do so.
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 21st, 2014, 05:00 AM
You need to reveal smart images.

Fog of World and all that.

What I usually do, for say Foxglove Manor in RotRL, is import the map, reveal all, then conceal the inside of the house. That way, they can see the surrounding area IMMEDIATELY.

But yeah, you need to reveal the actual map (erase the fog).
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 21st, 2014, 05:03 AM
Smart images start out entirely hidden. That's why they are black. You need to reveal portions of the image to the players, and then only the revealed portions will be shown. This is accomplished via the appropriate tools on the floating toolbar. More details will be found in the manual and in the tutorial videos.

If it's an area map that the players are assumed to already know (e.g. the overland areas around where they grew up), you can reveal the entire smart image with a single operation via the Options menu. Then the only things they don't know are some of the pins you've placed on the map for them to discover.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 21st, 2014, 05:03 AM
Ninja'd!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old November 21st, 2014, 05:19 AM
Ahh! I see, I see! Is there a way to simply reveal the entire map with a click or do I need to use the reveal tools to reveal it. Lots of my maps are intended to be entirely sen from the start. Thanks for the quick reply.
meek75 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 21st, 2014, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Ninja'd!
To be fair, you were supposed to be asleep.
Pollution is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 21st, 2014, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
Ahh! I see, I see! Is there a way to simply reveal the entire map with a click or do I need to use the reveal tools to reveal it. Lots of my maps are intended to be entirely sen from the start. Thanks for the quick reply.
Use the reveal section tool, you know, the one where you drag it out with your mouse?

So just select all of it to be revealed. Best way, unless I'm forgetting a tool (I'd look at it myself, but I'm armpit deep in my WoD realm, which has only static images at the moment. I'd swap to my RotRL realm....but....I'm not done.... Lol.
Pollution is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM
Okay, found it for you,

Go into the image.

Between the web icon and the i icon in the top left is a wrench.

Click that, and select reveal entire image.

Save
Pollution is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old November 21st, 2014, 12:22 PM
I submitted a bug report for the exact same thing. And yep, it's a PICNIC error (problem in chair, not in computer).

I completely forgot about the reveal mask.
DMG is offline   #9 Reply With Quote