Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old June 11th, 2020, 07:01 AM
Here's the short of it: the new Theros book adds a Piety score. Deities, Supernatural Gifts, and Artifacts all add more features as your piety score increases.

I've programmed Piety as an ability on the In-Play tab, with a chooseable amount of Activation. That means I can key off the actUser field on that Thing for querying the Piety score in other abilities.

The Supernatural Gifts are programmed as Ability things. Because of that, I can easily use an early eval script to grab Piety's actUser field, dump it into the Supernatural Gift's abValue, and test the piety-dependent bootstraps on the Gift against that abValue. I already have that working, so no problem.

The deity things apparently don't have abValue as a field. So for all the bootstraps that come from the deity choice that depend on the piety field, I'm at a loss for how to do it. I thought about an eval script that tests for piety and adds custom tags for the bootstrap conditions to look for, but I'm not sure how to make custom tags work that way.

Any ideas?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old June 12th, 2020, 06:59 AM
So for some reason, the Deity thing refuses to bootstrap anything when that bootstrap is looking for a tag on the Deity thing, regardless of whether that tag is custom or not. So that’s out.

What I figured out is that it will still test the hero for tags. So I can make the Piety ability itself assign custom tags to the hero, based on its own activation levels. At actUser >=3, it will push Custom.Piety3. Then the deity will bootstrap the 3 piety feature with a condition of hero#Custom.Piety3. Hero Lab makes me assign Custom.Piety3 to the Piety ability, just to define that tag before it can be assigned to the hero. But I don’t think that’s an issue.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old June 17th, 2020, 07:40 AM
If you want to create tags with a more meaningful group.tag rather than Custom.tag look at the COM_5ePack - Tags.1st file.

You can create a custom tag group ID and various tags in a 1st file that you don't have to assign while creating an ability this way.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old June 17th, 2020, 08:16 AM
I did try that, but they were still not recognized when used by the abilities. I may have done something wrong, but it seemed straightforward enough to add some to that .1st file.

Though now that I think about it, I was using this method while I was still trying to manipulate tags on the Deity thing. That weirdness may have been the issue. I'll try again with my new method.

Last edited by Fenris447; June 17th, 2020 at 08:26 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote