Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 19th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone,

As many of you are aware, the DC Adventures rulebook PDF is now available for purchase on the Green Ronin store. Since its release, we've had a lot of users ask us when Hero Lab will be updated to let them create and manage characters for their DC Adventures games, just like they can for Mutants & Masterminds.

Although we can't officially support DC Adventures, we have been developing a data package for the upcoming Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game. Releasing in a few months time, M&M 3rd edition will be fully compatible with DC Adventures.

As a result, the awesome folks at Green Ronin have given us permission to release an early version of the M&M 3rd edition data files to the public. You'll be able to purchase this beta data package starting early next month (August), and can then begin using Hero Lab with your DC Adventures games. A free demo version will also be available, so that you can "try before you buy".

Please note: as a beta version of an upcoming game system, there will likely be some rough edges in the data files when we release them. We feel that this is an acceptable compromise, since it lets us support all the DC Adventures players who are eager to start creating characters and running games with Hero Lab.

The data files will officially release with the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition core rulebook, when it comes out in several months time. At that point, users of the beta version will be updated to use the full M&M 3 data files.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old July 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Great news Colen! Is the price still around $20 for HL users? Also, any chance that HL will become the official software for M&M? Looking forward to it!

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 19th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Yes, the price will be $20 to add M&M3 beta support to your license, just like any other game system. And Hero Lab already is the official software for M&M - we have a forum on their web site, and everything.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old July 19th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Yes, the price will be $20 to add M&M3 beta support to your license, just like any other game system. And Hero Lab already is the official software for M&M - we have a forum on their web site, and everything.
With so many of 2E's supplements being converted and offered, essentially, for free with updates to Hero Lab... I was starting to wonder if Mutants and Masterminds were the official game for the Hero Lab software.

Don't tell Steve I said that!

Seriously, though, I said this over at the other forums but I'm gonna say it again here. You guys are awesome, and this is great news. I can't wait to get in on this beta!
Shadowchaser is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old July 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Durr ... I knew that Colen. Honestly, I did This is what sleep deprivation does folks ...

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 19th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I'd like to get this, too. This brings up a question that has occurred to me for a while. When opening up Hero Lab, you get a screen with the list of supportable games. Is there a way to make it so that it won't show certain games? I'd prefer that it only showed the games that I do have a purchased license for.
SeeleyOne is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 19th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Awesome!!! Maybe I can try to adapt the archetypes I did for 2e to 3e, with corrected art....
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 21st, 2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
I'd like to get this, too. This brings up a question that has occurred to me for a while. When opening up Hero Lab, you get a screen with the list of supportable games. Is there a way to make it so that it won't show certain games? I'd prefer that it only showed the games that I do have a purchased license for.
This isn't currently possible, but it's on our to-do list for the future.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old July 21st, 2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
This isn't currently possible, but it's on our to-do list for the future.
I don't mind the list of games so much, but I *would* like to turn off update notification for games I don't have licenses for.
Shadowchaser is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 21st, 2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
I don't mind the list of games so much, but I *would* like to turn off update notification for games I don't have licenses for.
You should be able to do that by completely deleting the game; go to the Tools menu and choose "Delete Game System", pick the game, then tell it "Yes, everything". The game will still appear in the list, but you should only see "new update" notifications once, not constantly.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote