Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

DLKTrazer

Old November 15th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Hello,

In the latest update, I noticed an issue with my previously created characters. Their PL seems to be tied directly to their highest of Toughness/Defense, ignoring any tradeoffs. Example: A character with Toughness +10, Def +0 is shown as PL 10. A character with Toughness +0, Def +10 is shown as PL 10 as well. A character with Toughness +10, Defense +10, still comes out as PL 10.

This only seems to be the case with defense tradeoffs; offense tradeoffs work as normal. I've already checked the options and made sure that I don't have any "No Trade Offs" option marked, so that's not causing it.

Anybody else having similar issues?
DLKTrazer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old November 15th, 2009, 06:53 AM
I have noticed the same problem.
Woodclaw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks, I'll investigate this.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DLKTrazer

Old December 5th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Thanks, I'll investigate this.
Any update on this?
DLKTrazer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 7th, 2009, 04:03 PM
This is still on my list of stuff to look into for the next version of the Mutants & Masterminds data files, don't worry. The M&M files just got a big update, so my time is being taken up by other stuff right now
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jason_Sunday

Old January 1st, 2010, 09:23 PM
I am having the same problem.
Jason_Sunday is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:14 AM
This made me curious. Not from the previously made character concept but from a "what happens if I make one fresh?" angle.

For this example I set the brand spanking new character's PL to 5.

The software will let me bring Toughness to +5, be it from Protection, CON bonus or a combination of the two, AND it will let me bring DEF to +5 which is fine. As I remember the rules both can meet but not exceed PL before any tradeoff has to take place. However, if I take either one to 6 it triggers the "you've busted the cap and automatic adjustment has been made to the linked trait" warning. However, I don't see a one-for-one decrease happen in the connected trait for the DEF/TOUGHNESS combo but I do get the up/down warning arrows with the trait I've cranked above 5.

Not so with the Attack Bonus/Save DC tradeoff, I only see the up/down arrow & warning when the attack bonus is taken beyond 5. No reduction takes place with REF/FORT/WILL Saves (I presume that's what it means by Save DC - don't have the book in front of me) nor any arrows/warning if I take them above +5.

Am I missing something obvious because it's 0513 and I haven't been to bed yet? lol
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Not so with the Attack Bonus/Save DC tradeoff, I only see the up/down arrow & warning when the attack bonus is taken beyond 5. No reduction takes place with REF/FORT/WILL Saves (I presume that's what it means by Save DC - don't have the book in front of me) nor any arrows/warning if I take them above +5.
Save DC means the difficulty of saving against the power (generally, it's the rank of the power involved in the attack). For damaging effects, it's the damage bonus. For others, it's the value determining the save target. This can vary on a per-attack basis.
Duggan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
Gotcha. Of course it meant the attack bonus of a specific power not the characters base Attack Bonus. **smacks self in forehead** Was fuzzy-headed from lack of sleep.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Jason_Sunday

Old January 12th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I was surprised to see after the new patch that this hasn't been fixed.
Jason_Sunday is offline   #10 Reply With Quote