Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farnaby

Old November 30th, 2017, 04:45 AM
Hi,

entering all the skills and feats, etc. I was wondering how you went about the common words. E.g. fly or jump which, in Pathfinder, is not only a feat but also a spell and a game mechanic.
The content link goes nuts with these as they are, as indicated in the thread title, common words.

P.S. Before anyone chimes in with why are you entering all this I'd like to point out that I was practicing. It taught me a lot about csv2rw, why I should get my tags and categories right before entering data as you cannot change it afterwards and a few other things.
Farnaby is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old November 30th, 2017, 09:10 AM
I had that happen with my Stars Without Number realm when I was doing the starships and with my Red Tide realm when I was doing the troop special abilities entries. I was adding Prefixes and Suffixes to handle this but it still was and is major pain when it scans for links as a lot of the words for ship hull types, troop abilities are common words and some words get used to refer to different things in those games so I have to spend time checking the links.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 30th, 2017, 09:24 AM
If you insist on putting common words as topic/article names you are stuck with the linker popping them up as possible links a lot. You could set the names to never link but that does sort of defeat the point of creating the topics in the first place it seems to me.

When I tried this I simply counted how many times a word wasn't being linked compared to how often it was. When it became clear that things like fly were not being linked a lot more often than they were being linked it became clear to me that setting the link priority to never was the way to go. If I ever want a link to the topic I create it explicitly.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote