Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

ImperialOne

Old June 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Anyone try to adapt this yet for use in lieu of the GURPS Character Assistant?
ImperialOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Hero Lab should definitely be able to support virtually everything within the GURPS system. GURPS was originally going to be one of the first (possibly *the* first) licensed system under HL. Everything was a go until SJ himself found out that we were using the word "hero" in the product name. That was a deal-breaker for him, so they asked the original CA author to enhance CA instead of working with us.

However, because we had focused on having full GURPS support, I can't think of anything that HL won't be able to handle. That includes fully developed allies, dependents, and the like as minions. It also includes all the complexities of customized super powers, since we do much the same thing for Mutants & Masterminds.

If you opt to develop GURPS files, please let us know. We have a GURPS game in our group and we're reasonably familiar with it, so we'll do our best to provide helpful guidance. :-)
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Madluna

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Necro posting but since I kinda have the same question as the OP I thought it best to post it here.

Nothing new on the issue with adding GURPS 4th edition for Hero Labs? Would love to get it added as official but was thinking on trying to give it a go myself using the authoring kit but would be very happy for any assistance from other people.
Madluna is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mcwolfe

Old August 5th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Another (swedish) thread-necro-post here. I've picked up gurps again after a number of years, and HL seems like the prefect fit (if nothing else due to it being available on at least two platforms. GCA is ok, but windows only.

So, I'll gladly help with what little I can to make an unofficial gurps-build come through

/McWolfe
mcwolfe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kairos
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 17th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Thrice necro-ed. Looks like Eclipse Phase has a character generator happening in conjunction with the Transhuman Kickstarter, so I thought that, instead of EP, I might do up a GURPS Lite set of data files.
Kairos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
KataH

Old December 7th, 2017, 08:00 PM
I realize this is an old thread but has anything changed in regards to Steve Jackson Games and HeroLab?

KataH

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!"
KataH is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old December 8th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KataH View Post
I realize this is an old thread but has anything changed in regards to Steve Jackson Games and HeroLab?
Not in the way you mean. Only update I know of is that someone developed GURPS Lite for Hero Lab until SJ Games asked him to take it down, because they had their own character generator for full-blown GURPS.

If they won't even let someone distribute a GURPS Lite package, don't hold your breath for anything else.
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote