Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Barring unforeseen circumstances (which have been known to happen in the past, so no guarantees), we'll be releasing AB3.3a on Friday sometime. If not then, reasonably soon thereafter. The release will also patch a few important crash bugs that other people have found.
Colen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
JenBurdoo

Old January 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Good to hear, I didn't know turnaround was that quick! Though I don't see it yet and it's late now, so maybe not 'til Monday? Would be nice to have it in time to play Sunday, as I'm itching to try out the new "unit card" system.
JenBurdoo is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah, one of those unforeseen circumstances popped up an hour ago and we've been trying to resolve it.

We're striving to get the release out ASAP, but it isn't going to be tonight. I think you sent an email to technical support about this, correct? Once 3.3a is out I'll drop you an email with instructions on how to skip the version check.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
cookjg

Old January 8th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Sorry to take so long to get back. Had to move my apartment. Lone Wolf, your suggestion to download the 3.3 install directly and then install it outside Army builder worked like a charm. Thank you.
cookjg is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 8th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Oh, awesome! Glad you got it working. Is it possible you had the old version of Army Builder running in Windows XP compatability mode, and so when you downloaded the update it was also running as if it was under windows XP?
Colen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
JenBurdoo

Old January 9th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Still having trouble - can't get the /skipchecks function to work.
JenBurdoo is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Styles

Old January 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I am still having the same problem and can not get it to download from the site or useing it. How do i change the compatibility settings?
Styles is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Hi Styles,

What operating system are you using?

Make sure that Army Builder isn't running in "Windows XP compatibility mode". Right-click the Army Builder icon, choose "Properties", and then go to the "Compatibility" tab. Is "Run this program in compatibility mode" checked? If so, uncheck it and try installing again. Does that work?
Colen is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Styles

Old January 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hi Colen,

I have tried this but its still asking for the pack 3. It was allready unticked. I tried after that running it in windows 95 or 98 but same problem. i then unticked it again and same problem.

Dont know what to try next?
Styles is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2011, 12:15 PM
Styles or cookjg, please do the following:

1) Go to http://www.wolflair.com/army_builder and download the installer from our web site. Right-click on the installer you downloaded from our web site, and choose "Properties". Go to the "Compatability" tab. Is the "Run this program in compatability mode" checkbox checked? If so, uncheck it, press OK, and try running it again.

2) If that doesn't work, press the start button, type "winver", and press return. A window should appear with text describing your windows version. Can you post a screenshot of it, or just transcribe the first three lines of text?

Thanks.
Colen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote