Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 4th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm assuming you also sent this to the support email address as requested?
Duggan is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old January 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM
of course
Yobtar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Yobtar - 3.3 was in beta testing for almost a month before it released, with over 50 people testing it at various points. We're working on an update to fix a few issues that have popped up since the launch, which will be released ASAP.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhakala View Post
I did eventually find my rostors in My Documents on the network hard drive but not on my local (due to auto sync of files). I was getting the same types of messages as above. The problem did not exist when I first downloaded and was working in the office (on network) but occurred when I went home and tried to work offline and then connected to the corporate network system to access files off my network server. After that, though, the problem has continued to occur even after repeated installs and after trying to reinstall (after uninstalling) in my office on the network. The process has also crreated a situation where I cannot find the runes for characters in a dwarf army even after I uninstalled AB3.3 and reinstalled AB 3.2. I cannot find a fresh copy of AB 3.2 on your Internet site (gives us 3.1 as the old version).
I'm glad you found your files. I just tested the dwarf roster in AB3.3, and it seems to be working fine based on my knowledge of Warhammer - I can add a runic weapon or runic armor to any Dwarf character and add runes to it. You might want to try downloading and installing the Warhammer data files again to see if that fixes the problem; if not, can you describe your issue in more detail?
Colen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Yobtar - 3.3 was in beta testing for almost a month before it released, with over 50 people testing it at various points. We're working on an update to fix a few issues that have popped up since the launch, which will be released ASAP.
I find this very hard to believe as I am mostly unable to go in and change the .dat files for warhammer 8th. I am unable to modify views in the definition file and I am unable to modify unit options at all in .dat files without this error occurring and shutting down ABCreator completely. So these 50 people missed an error that for the most part makes AB completely useless as data file authors (who are volunteers) cannot write or modify the data files that AB uses?
Yobtar is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I've tried repeatedly to install and uninstall and switched back to AB 3.2 and reloaded the wh8 datafile and still cannot see or access the rune options for dwarf characters in WHFB 8th edition. I can see the rune properly for the war machines but get a bunch of ?'s in the options lists.

Last edited by sdhakala; January 4th, 2011 at 08:51 PM.
sdhakala is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old January 5th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Just to throw my two cents in as well. I'm getting the same problem with ABCreate but only with the warhammer.def file. The exact error I get is

ABCreator.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Army Builder\ABCreator.exe
0.0 0
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x00483d14
Type: bad read
major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7600, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1

Or you can find them here:

C:\Users\TOLLER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror4024. txt

(I'm running Windows 7 Premium 64bit with all updates applied)

But oddly enough only with that file and only in that View Tab. I can edit any other Warhammer file though.

As to the problems that sdhakala is having it works perfectly for me. I created 2 rosters with no problems. You might want to delete the wh8 file and redownload it. Something has to be messed up on your end.
gilvagor is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old January 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Tried that already.
sdhakala is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2011, 09:14 AM
sdhakala, I'm not an expert on Warhammer, but here's how I believe that Runic weapons work in the Warhammer files:

1) Click the "Runic Weapon" checkbox for a character. This adds a new "Runic Weapon" child item to the character.

2) Click on the "Runic Weapon" child item to select it

3) You should see a list of runes in the options panel - checking those runes adds them to the weapon.

The same procedure should work with runic armor, talismans, banners, etc. Does this work for you?
Colen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old January 7th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Nope. When I click on runic weapon I just get a runic weapon selected with an unknown points cost ?.
Same thing with runic armour and with runic talismen.

It shows a checkbox for Magic Weapons and that opens when I check it but it then shows only Blade of Shining Death as an option.

It appears to be an AB issue, not a datafile issue.
sdhakala is offline   #20 Reply With Quote