Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I'm cranking through construction of mechanical datafiles for Exalted. They contain no charms as of yet, but I have the skills implemented and am working on the attributes.

Here's a few screenshots of what I've done so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exalted Attribute Start.JPG (57.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Exalted Charms Editor.JPG (91.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Exalted Charms.JPG (47.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Exalted Merit tab.JPG (51.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Exalted Skills Tab.JPG (117.7 KB, 13 views)

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; October 7th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 7th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Got the Willpower and Virtues in there now. That was a challenge but nothing I couldn't handle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Virtues and Willpower.JPG (70.7 KB, 10 views)

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Mathias,

How do you put a Border around a table_fixed? I know there is a resource for it, but how do I get it working?

RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 7th, 2013, 03:03 PM
In styles_ui.dat, there are 5 different pre-set table styles. Some have borders, some have grids, some leave those out. Search the file for "tblNormal", which is one of them, and the rest are right after that.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
That did it, thanks.

Now I just have to get the attribute priorities working. Here is a screenshot of what I've done so far for this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Attribute Table Progress.JPG (107.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by RavenX; October 7th, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 7th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Mathias,

Is there a built in function I can call to swap out the numbers stored on a things fields?
I'm trying to figure out attribute prioritization now, and need to be able to swap the number of dots each category gets.

I've attached a screenshot, I managed to get the setup right I think. I just need to figure out how to get the swap buttons to change the categories back and forth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Attribute Table Progress.JPG (62.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by RavenX; October 7th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 8th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "swap out the numbers".
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 8th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Each table has a category with fields. One of those fields holds the number of dots. When you push the swap button, it changes the dot numbers. If Physical were say the Primary and Social the secondary, when you hit the swap button, the social would get reassigned to primary, and get the 8 dots, and physical gets bumped to secondary with 6 dots.

RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 9th, 2013, 08:46 AM
The M/P/S options in WoD are handled with trigger buttons.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 10th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The M/P/S options in WoD are handled with trigger buttons.
Mathias,

I was able to deduce that from the ui_styles file, but I'm struggling with the scripting for the actual trigger.

I set up the top row as a table_fixed in a template, and am trying to get the control work for Primary / Secondary swap of dots working. Here is what I've come up with so far:

Code:
    <portal
      id="swapPS"
      style="actSwap"
      tiptext="Click here to swap Primary and Secondary dots.">
      <action
        action="trigger">
        <trigger><![CDATA[
          if (hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value) then
            if (hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then
              hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
            elseif (hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then
              hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
              hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              endif

elseif (hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value) then
            if (hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then        
              hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
            elseif (hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then        
              hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
              endif

elseif (hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value) then
            if (hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then  
              hero.child[cPhysical].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value    
              hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
            elseif (hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value) then
              hero.child[cSocial].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acPrimAttr].value
              hero.child[cMental].field[cmaximum].value = herofield[acSecoAttr].value
              endif
            endif 

]]></trigger>
        </action>
      </portal>
The code doesn't work correctly. It swaps out the dots but nothing on the interface changes, and if you start adding dots to the attributes themselves it switches back to whatever the starting definition for the dots is set to.

RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote