Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

flyteach

Old July 24th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Shadow, all good points. Except there's been a decent ship builder available less than a month after SF debuted. Can it be really that hard for LWD to whip something up to use since it'll be over a year and nothing yet? Especially since LWD is telling us that this is production stable and we're paying for it. Other than the $2/month charge for online functionality I don't need nor really want, what's the incentive to even continue development? Doesn't seem to be anything since I'm paid for and they can say "we're done, you get what you get". Harsh, yes, but since I'm paying by the month since they said that's the model they wanted to run with, then it seems like enhancements should be appropriately regular and visible progress.
flyteach is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old July 25th, 2018, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
Shadow, all good points. Except there's been a decent ship builder available less than a month after SF debuted. Can it be really that hard for LWD to whip something up to use since it'll be over a year and nothing yet? Especially since LWD is telling us that this is production stable and we're paying for it. Other than the $2/month charge for online functionality I don't need nor really want, what's the incentive to even continue development? Doesn't seem to be anything since I'm paid for and they can say "we're done, you get what you get". Harsh, yes, but since I'm paying by the month since they said that's the model they wanted to run with, then it seems like enhancements should be appropriately regular and visible progress.
We've not yet begun to charge for server access specifically because we're still bringing important functionalities online. So no one is presently paying by the month.
Rone is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
vardeman

Old July 25th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
We've not yet begun to charge for server access specifically because we're still bringing important functionalities online. So no one is presently paying by the month.
So is the clock ticking on the time that came with purchasing Starfinder content?
vardeman is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old July 25th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vardeman View Post
So is the clock ticking on the time that came with purchasing Starfinder content?
We have been extending the free time allotment on accounts automatically until we feel the program is stable and well enough out of its Beta phase to justify the fee. It was one of the perks of early adopters. We will be sure that everyone is aware well in advance when we start allowing for the purchase of server time. Until then, it's on us!
Rone is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
vardeman

Old July 25th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Thank you
vardeman is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old July 25th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Rone, thanks a bunch for the clarification.
flyteach is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old July 25th, 2018, 05:12 PM
My pleasure!
Rone is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old July 26th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Nothing is out for Crome, it isn't an OS.

Android runs Apps and has a browser, but should not be something to run a complete "Program" on like Herolab (Classic). Not sure what your point would be, Toblakai, except that having a browser based character sheet can be used on a phone.

That would be the case for a character viewer, based on the "classic" herolab por files, which would have been easier to implement, use and develop than a complete rework of the program to work off a server and not do a lot of the work the program already does.
thaX is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 26th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Nothing is out for Crome, it isn't an OS.

Android runs Apps and has a browser, but should not be something to run a complete "Program" on like Herolab (Classic). Not sure what your point would be, Toblakai, except that having a browser based character sheet can be used on a phone.

That would be the case for a character viewer, based on the "classic" herolab por files, which would have been easier to implement, use and develop than a complete rework of the program to work off a server and not do a lot of the work the program already does.
I think you totally got my point. By the way "Chrome OS" is what is running on Chromebooks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_OS
Toblakai is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old July 26th, 2018, 03:55 PM
A Chromebook is not a PC, and can't run 90 percent of the programs out there. It isn't that the games can't run on the hardware, but that the OS is a Browser that plays games on the internets.

If you like Candy Crush, Chromebook is for you.

I do hope that Herolab Online can get the same functionality as the classic program, but it is nowhere near that yet. I believe browser technology has to improve quite a bit for it to be able to get to that level, but unless one of the third party browsers like Chrome or more likely Mozilla subplants IE or "Edge," this won't happen anytime soon. They just took a hit a year ago cutting out Java functions and seem to be more concerned about being "secure" than anything else.

I like Skyrim, Chromebook is not for me.
thaX is offline   #20 Reply With Quote