Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DarkHost

Old March 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I am now having a problem adding a second set of stats to my AB files. Specifically, I have defined a number of Tag Groups (per the Example Army .def file) for the stats, defined the stats under "Unit Stat" and and defined a stat set under "StatSet" for the stats.

However, now when I try to load the new AB files I get the following error message:

Tag Group "xx" must have at least one tag,

where "xx" is the id of my newly-implemented stat.

I find this odd, as there seems to be no problem with my initial set of stats being defined as Tag Groups without any individual tags. Even more puzzling is that I appear to be implementing the new stats consistent with the Example Army .def file.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

-DH
DarkHost is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 17th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Ok, I went back and re-reread "Creating an Initial Definition File", and found that my problem was not having the Dynamic? box checked for the stat groups. So I go back and check all of the Dynamic boxes and the error goes away, only to be replace by a new one

Dynamic tag group is assigned no tags: 'xx'

where 'xx' is the tag group (new stat).

So now what am I doing wrong?

-DH
DarkHost is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bluefool

Old March 18th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I hit that problem too!

If I'm understanding you right, try going to the group in question in the definition file and create a few tags and see if it goes away. The button in the lower left of the screen adds tags to a selected group.

This helped me a ton: Go to the docs, Key Kit concepts:
C:/ArmyBuilderEX/docs/kit/kit_concepts.htm#global
Then
C:/ArmyBuilderEX/docs/kit/kit_tricks.htm#using_dynamic_tags

I'm sure Rob will give you a better answer when they get back from the convention, but hopefully that will get you past it :P.
Bluefool is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 18th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the the reply!

I have decided to make it a moot point by incorporating the weapon stats in the Option descriptions for the weapons. Unfortunately the proportional font makes lining up the weapon stats with their IDs a real PITA.
DarkHost is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2006, 04:24 AM
If you have a tag group, there has to be at least one tag assigned to it. This can be accomplished via any means that a defines a tag. You could explicitly define the tag within the tag group. You could also assign one or more units a stat value for the unit stat, which will automatically define a corresponding tag. Or you could use a different approach. But you need at least one tag. You don't get the problem with the initial set of stats because you've probably defined at least one unit and assigned appropriate values to each stat for that unit. This automatically defines the tags for those values.

-Rob

At 11:42 AM 3/17/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Ok, I went back and re-reread "Creating an Initial Definition File", and found that my problem was not having the Dynamic? box checked for the stat groups. So I go back and check all of the Dynamic boxes and the error goes away, only to be replace by a new one

Dynamic tag group is assigned no tags: 'xx'

where 'xx' is the tag group (new stat).

So now what am I doing wrong?

-DH
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Ok. Now I understand. It was not clear to me that assigning a value to a dynamically-defined Tag Group generated a Tag.

Thanks.

-Don
DarkHost is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2006, 12:00 PM
That's not an entirely true conclusion. Unit stats will automatically generate tags for all the initially assigned values. And tags assigned directly to entities will automatically generate corresponding tags if the group is dynamic. Nothing else automatically generates the tags. For example, if you assign a new tag via a script, it will NOT be auto-defined for you.

Hope this clarifies,
Rob

At 06:10 AM 3/20/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Ok. Now I understand. It was not clear to me that assigning a value to a dynamically-defined Tag Group generated a Tag.

Thanks.

-Don
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote