Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Ruka

Old August 10th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Hello all,
I just bought HL with a plan to start playing Pathfinder after about a 5 year break from gaming, I want to go back to my old game with an updated character but I was using the spelltheif class from the Complete adventurer. Has anyone tackled that book or class?

I looked at the editor, and I messed with it a little bit but having to learn what has changed in my 5 year break and all that pretty much left me scratching my head. I also tried to check Cheeseweasels site a few times, and I read he was in domain hell and at Gen Con so I understand it should be back up soon.

Any help would be apreciated.
Ruka is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 10th, 2010, 05:46 AM
This is discussed here:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10427

Much of Complete Adventurer appears to have been done for 3.5 (including the spellthief). I think it would be an easy conversion to Pathfinder, but I don't really know. I haven't had a chance to download files from cheeseweasel yet.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ruka

Old August 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Thank you, I did do a search on spelltheif and found nothing, I figured adventurer might return me eleventybillions of entries, thanks and looks like cheeseweasel is back in action as well.
Ruka is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ruka

Old August 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Okay I have the spell thief files and I loaded them, I am no coder at all, but I was trying to figure out how to fix the veriables.

I would gladly work with someone if they could help me out, I am going to follow the tutorials and see if I can find/fix the variables that are out of place.

Edit: searching and finding most of what I needed to fix but I got the the sneak attack section and it blows up, by blows up, I have crashed HL 5 times in the last half hour, having to go back and fix all the xsumm to absumm and htotal to trkMax

that was all doable once I found the right posts. but as soon as I start messing with sneak attack it gets ugly. I tried to copy sneak attack and change bootstraps, I tried to just delete the sneak attack section, I tried to create a duplicate. Any ideas one what to do for the sneak attack would be great and yes I read http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9314

Last edited by Ruka; August 11th, 2010 at 03:46 AM.
Ruka is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ruka

Old August 11th, 2010, 04:43 PM
This is the crash notice, then I hae to scrap the whole file and try something new. I downloaded the file from cheeseweasel.net and was hopeful but crashing a dozen times wets my hope that I can figure it out.

Yes I emailed it to wolflair as well but I was hoping that the community may have an answer.
Ruka is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Could you please email the file that's causing the problem to me? My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com. (the support email will probably get to me, too, but it'll likely go through two forwards before it does, and I'll want to take a look at the problem file as well in order to figure out what went wrong).
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Also, my copy of Complete Adventurer is well buried right now. Would you mind describing what Sneak Attack variant the class uses, or how it makes use of Sneak Attack?

I'm afraid classes are the things that changed the most from d20 to Pathfinder. You may find it easier to start with a new class in Pathfinder, perhaps with a second copy of HL open, running d20 and showing you the Spellthief in the editor there. In that case, you'll want to see how the assassin or arcane trickster prestige classes handle adding sneak attack, since the way sneak attack works actually changed a bit from the d20 files to the pathfinder files.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ruka

Old August 11th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Wow I just opened the user file with wordpad, there is so much more going on in there, its full of spell lists and goodies, I think I may understand how little I understand this editor thing I was looking at it and it looks like Lawful_g did each spell available from the abjuration, divination, enchantment, illusion, and transmutation school, maybe that is what is freaking it out, as I am sure some names have been changed to protect the indignant.
I did send that file though.

Last edited by Ruka; August 11th, 2010 at 09:38 PM.
Ruka is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 12th, 2010, 05:04 AM
From the Complete Adventurer:

Quote:
Sneak Attack (Ex): A spellthief deals an extra 1d6 points of damage when flanking an opponent or at any time when the target would be denied its Dexterity bonus. This extra damage applies to ranged attacks only if the target is within 30 feet. It increases to 2d6 points at 5th level, 3d6 points at 9th level, 4d6 points at 13th level, and 5d6 points at 17th level. See the rogue class feature, page 50 of the Player’s Handbook. If a spellthief gets a sneak attack bonus from another source (such as rogue levels), the bonuses on damage stack.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Okay, so sneak attack is normal, coming at levels 1, 5, 9, 13 and 17.

Completely remove the sneak attack that was created for the spellthief class - a different version for each class was needed in 3.5 but not in Pathfinder.

Instead, go to the class tab for the spellthief, and find the "Class Special Abilities" button. Delete all the references there to the sneak attack version you deleted, and add a copy of "Sneak Attack (cSneakAtt)". Now, on that version, press the "Copy" button (one column in from the right), and make 4 copies. Assign one copy to level 5, and one each to 9, 13, and 17.

Now, switch from the editor to the main Hero Lab window and in the develop menu, select "Quick Reload Data Files" (or press ctrl-r). Test your class, and you should have functional sneak attack (if everything else about the class is working).
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote