Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RedBeardSean

Old September 7th, 2016, 05:10 PM
I have a player who wants to take the feat "Extra Cantrips or Orisons" for his Druid/Alchemist multi-class character. The feat gives the warning "Ability to cast spontaneous spells or use of a spellbook required". There is no such prerequisite in the rules as written.

When I add the non-valid feat, the only class it displays to choose to apply the extra cantrips/orisons to is Alchemist. Please add this to your work list.
RedBeardSean is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 7th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Druids are not limited to spells known; they can prepare any of the orisons on the Druid spell list, so the Feat isn't applicable to that class.

I agree that the prerequisite message is odd; I'm not sure why a spellbook caster would ever want the Feat, unless it allows them to prepare the spell from memory like they can Read Magic.

Anyway, for future reference you need to report bugs via the Pathfinder Bug Reporting system; forum posts aren't always seen by the right people.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RedBeardSean

Old September 7th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Ah, neither I nor my player read it like that- we read it as slots per day, rather than what it was intended for. Makes a lot more sense now.

I'd posted here because this was the link for software questions/issues on the forum rules page. Next time I'll know better.

Thanks!
RedBeardSean is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 7th, 2016, 06:28 PM
You're welcome!

Yeah, it's kind of confusing, because there's Hero Lab the software, and then there's the various game system packages that Hero Lab uses. This is the sub-forum for the former, but each game system has it's own sub-forum. Anyway, I put in a request to have this thread moved.

I'm not even sure why that Feat even exists; it seems to be a more limited form of Expanded Arcana.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote