Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

freeAgent

Old August 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Would it be possible to have Realm Works remember my password and automatically log into my account when starting up until I tell it otherwise?

I ask because I use a password manager (LastPass), and never use passwords that I can remember. Unfortunately, this means that for a program like Ream Works, I have to go into it and copy/paste my password every time I use the program (actually, I'm not able to paste into the password field, so I have to type it in RW). I'd love to have the option to tell Realm Works to just assume it's me every time I open the program.

Last edited by freeAgent; August 24th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
freeAgent is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 24th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Plus 1!
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old August 24th, 2013, 01:08 PM
+1!!!
Chemlak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wildfire142

Old August 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
If possible this would be nice.
wildfire142 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeAgent View Post
Would it be possible to have Realm Works remember my password and automatically log into my account when starting up until I tell it otherwise?

I ask because I use a password manager (LastPass), and never use passwords that I can remember. Unfortunately, this means that for a program like Ream Works, I have to go into it and copy/paste my password every time I use the program (actually, I'm not able to paste into the password field, so I have to type it in RW). I'd love to have the option to tell Realm Works to just assume it's me every time I open the program.
We have plans for something like this. However, right now, you don't have to enter a password if you are working offline. Just leave the password field blank and click the offline button and away you go.
davidp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
pickin_grinnin

Old April 29th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I would love to see that implemented, too.
pickin_grinnin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old April 30th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Given how frequently many of us would likely use this feature, it would be nice if it could be implemented sooner rather than later.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 30th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Well, personally, there are tons of other features that many of us would rather have. Every bit of implementation takes time.

Player Individual Reveal, for example, in my mind, takes massive precedence over this.
mirtos is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 30th, 2014, 06:47 AM
+1 for auto-login (and a way to turn it on/off).

Not a priority for me, but if you someday are messing around with that part of the program, it could be nice to have.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old May 1st, 2014, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Well, personally, there are tons of other features that many of us would rather have. Every bit of implementation takes time.

Player Individual Reveal, for example, in my mind, takes massive precedence over this.
Technically yes, but this is theoretically a very straightforward feature to implement, and shouldn't take nearly the amount of development that something like the player reveal would. It could be as easy as adding a flag and text tag to the local preferences file for the password, then auto-populating the password field at startup after the user clicks a new Remember Password checkbox on the login screen.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #10 Reply With Quote