Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

athelu

Old March 8th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Hello all,

The more I work on my campaign and additional content I think about how cool it would be to get it to other people. Not to make money even mind you, just being able to have a community library of resources would be awesome.

Will we be able to create content that can be shared?
athelu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 8th, 2016, 08:35 PM
IIRC (and I'm too lazy to pull up the threads) the answer to this is yes, but that the CM may be released in stages. The first stage, as I understand it will make it possible for you to purchase content from content creators that have been been vetted by LWD and whose content LWD was heavily involved in formatting for RW. The ability to sell or share your own content with the community may come later. This may have changed or I may be misstating what was said in a forum post I read months ago. Still, I am confident that the answer is YES, eventually you'll be able to to share your own content.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LeeSmith

Old March 9th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Nice!
LeeSmith is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 9th, 2016, 05:16 AM
I have the same understanding as MNBlockHead.

With the content market fully rolled out we should be able to:
  • Buy and integrate commercial content into our realms.
  • Make whole or parts of our own realms available for others.
  • Take whole or parts of one of our realms and integrate into other of our realms.

And (and I hope I have understood this right):
  • Make a master realm; any changes in this realm will be synched to one or more child realms (for want of a better term) while changes made in the child realm will not be synched to other realms.
The last one will be a very strong feature.

Again, this is my understanding.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 9th, 2016, 05:49 AM
The Marketplace will not only allow sharing with others but also with yourself. You will be able to clone realms. And like @vargr noted, you can set one realm as master for updating across multiple realms (in theory, we'll need to see how that works in practice when it goes live).
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old March 9th, 2016, 09:35 AM
And all this will be coming . . . . wait for . . . . Soon!

"You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."
meek75 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old March 9th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
"You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."
Nice.

I did some search Fu on this before asking and had not found a directly related response so this is very cool to hear.

I thought there was some free content that was available too - but it appears that the link is no longer present on the webpage. I am anxious to see what some licensed content actually looks like to see if what I am doing is similar.
athelu is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 9th, 2016, 04:52 PM
As do the rest of us.... For the last two years.

The good thing is LWD has had a bunch of time to polish the material they release to a super high gloss shine so it will be the platinum standard that all other material can be compared against.
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 10th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Historically, there has been a distinction between the Content Market (a place to buy pre-made commercial content) and the Community Repository (a place to share pre-made homebrew content amongst non-commercial users). The CR hasn't been mentioned in quite some time, and I've been assuming, since it almost certainly uses the same basic mechanisms as the CM, that LWD have decided to stop differentiating them.

At some point, we'll have the ability to upload our own content to the CM. I believe the intention was to allow us to make our homebrew content available for free or to charge for it (though I can see issues with private users making money, particularly alongside such tricky things as the Pathfinder Compatibility License, for example).

Hopefully someone from LWD can weigh in and let us know the approximate idea and current intentions.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 10th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Historically, there has been a distinction between the Content Market (a place to buy pre-made commercial content) and the Community Repository (a place to share pre-made homebrew content amongst non-commercial users). The CR hasn't been mentioned in quite some time, and I've been assuming, since it almost certainly uses the same basic mechanisms as the CM, that LWD have decided to stop differentiating them.

At some point, we'll have the ability to upload our own content to the CM. I believe the intention was to allow us to make our homebrew content available for free or to charge for it (though I can see issues with private users making money, particularly alongside such tricky things as the Pathfinder Compatibility License, for example).

Hopefully someone from LWD can weigh in and let us know the approximate idea and current intentions.
My recollection is similar, but not identical.

The Repository was not called "Community" anything, as I recall.. it was your local "storage" of resources. In that early discussion, purchased materials from the Content Market would "land" there, to be used and re-used locally. It was, at that time, the mechanism for re-using your own Realms as well.

That was 2 years ago, though. As Chemlak stated, the way LoneWolf has talked about this seems to have merged the Repository with the Content Market. I even suggested providing an update to this as a subject for one of the Spotlight articles.
Silveras is offline   #10 Reply With Quote