Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Pooptickler

Old July 4th, 2017, 07:16 PM
In May 2016, Paizo released an update to Ultimate Equipment, neutering several beloved items. Below is a list of the changes:

> Page 137—In conductive, change the last sentence to “A given character can use this weapon special ability only once per round (even if she has several conductive weapons), and the power works only with magical abilities of the same type as the weapon (melee or ranged).“
> Page 138—In courageous, in the last sentence, after “any morale bonus” add “on saving throws against fear”. In cunning, change the second sentence to read “Whenever the weapon’s attack is a critical threat, wielder gains a +4 bonus on the confirmation roll if she has 5 or more ranks in a Knowledge skill that would be used to identify the target’s creature type, or a +6 bonus instead if she has 15 or more ranks.”
> Page 173—In ring of revelation, in the first paragraph, in the last sentence, at the end add “, and Use Magic Device doesn’t allow a character to gain a revelation from this ring”.
> Page 222—In quick runner’s shirt, in the second sentence, change “on his turn” to “and then immediately end his turn, losing any unspent actions. A character must wear this shirt continuously for 24 hours before he can activate this ability.”
> Page 245—In jingasa of the fortunate soldier, in the f irst sentence change “luck” to “def lection”. In the second sentence, change “Once per day when” to “When”. At the end, add “This ability functions only once, though the jingasa continues to grant its deflection bonus even after the other ability is expended.”
> Page 272—In bracer’s of falcon’s aim, change the final sentence to “Once per day, on command, the wearer gains the benefits of aspect of the falcon for 1 minute. The wearer must wear these bracers continuously for 24 hours before activating this ability.”
>Page 116—In brawling, change the price and cost to “+3 bonus”.

As /pfg/ put it:

>“You know. I thought Paizo hating martials was a meme. I thought they were just incompetent,” said one anon. “But no, this proves it. This *** proves it. They hate martials. Not just martials, they hate anything that even has to DO damage. Holy ***. “
>“They ACTUALLY unironically hate martials so *** much, I can’t wrap my head around it,” agrees another anon.
>“Damage breaks the game, Anon,” counters a third Anon, with no hint of sarcasm whatsoever, nope. “At least when you’ve permanently rewritten their minds to forever follow your every whim and wish no matter what, you haven’t HURT them. You’ve liberated them from their Lawful Evil mindset with magic and intelligence; the Good of the setting! “

Long and short, is there a way to revert these changes back to their pre-nerf mechanics? Or is there a chance I can beg for there to be a thing to have a Luck-based Jingasa or +1 Brawling?

Last edited by Pooptickler; July 5th, 2017 at 08:17 AM. Reason: removed swears.
Pooptickler is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 4th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Likely the only way is to make it yourself or find someone else too. Also it'd probably be best to edit your post, the language (even from a quote) is unnecessary.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old July 5th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Likely the only way is to make it yourself or find someone else too. Also it'd probably be best to edit your post, the language (even from a quote) is unnecessary.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_...ipment_errata/

Here's the rest of the nerfbat summary. I knew they did something to neuter the Tremor Boots.

>it'd probably be best to edit your post, the language (even from a quote) is unnecessary.
Fair enough, thought the cursing would be alright, sorry for not fixing that last night.

>likely he only way is to make it yourself.
I can't code in the least, but I would be willing to commission someone here to do it.
Pooptickler is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 7th, 2017, 03:10 PM
I too have created my own file to revert back to the previous state. I've created duplicate items.

Jingasa of the LUCKY Soldier, Free-runner shirt. Never really worked with the other stuff. As for the language, meh. It shows emotion. And demonstrates how some people feel. I personally have the same view about Paizo's transformation spells. Beast Shape, Polymorph, Shapechange Etc.

I think +2/-2 system rather than adjusting the who stat block is equally as Wacked and lack any semblance of realism. And would use similar words to describe my feelings. But thats getting away from the OP's Topic. If you want you can create new ones, and I suppose I could include the original versions in one of my Community pack releases. But I wouldn't know how most of the stuff worked. But, as I said, I only know the Jingasa and Quick Runner Shirt.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 7th, 2017, 04:46 PM

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 7th, 2017 at 04:50 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 7th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I'll point out, commenting on the language is because no profanity is in the forum rules.
AndrewD2 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote