Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

robdoyle

Old January 12th, 2014, 10:31 AM
I'm only now starting to get around to playing with RW, and I have spent about an hour looking through the forums before asking, but would anyone happen to know if you can import the data from a HL .por into RW in such a way that it auto-populates the data in a new topic under the "People" group?

I have created HL portfolios for many NPCs & encounters and I would like to avoid retyping the data into the fields in RW.

I'm lazy by nature so any sort of integration like this is something I crave.

Failing that, is there a way to create HL portfolios and have them automagically populated from the data entered into RW?

Thanks,
robdoyle is offline   #1
pyremius

Old January 12th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Currently no, although you can add Hero Lab Portfolios as snippets within a Realm Works topic. You can view or share the complete data that way, although there is no capability to reveal only part of the character's data unless you re-enter it directly into Realm Works.
pyremius is offline   #2
robdoyle

Old January 12th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I can attach the portfolio and view it within RW, I was just hoping for more of an integration in this aspect. Hopefully it will end up on some developer's task list at some point but it is obviously not critical. Thanks for getting back to me.
robdoyle is offline   #3
pyremius

Old January 12th, 2014, 02:40 PM
If you haven't had a chance to try it yet, one feature they did manage to get finished is the ability to import a portfolio from Realm Works into an already-running copy of Hero Lab. This is great when you've got a copy open for NPCs, etc., and want to add the opposition so you can take advantage of the Tactical Console.
pyremius is offline   #4