Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Darkmaster

Old March 11th, 2011, 07:27 AM
My M&M 2e data packet isn't loading. I've tried my other packets, and they all load fine, so it seems to just be this one.
Darkmaster is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
There's an attachment (not visible in the Quick Reply) icon for attaching certain file types. Could you zip up your user rules and attach them?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Darkmaster

Old March 11th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I'm not sure I know how, can you walk me through it?
Darkmaster is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old March 11th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Just to be clear, is this the entire 2E data file or is this one of your .user files?

If it's the latter, navigate to your data directory ("C:\HeroLab\Data\mutants" on my computer), zip up your .user file, and click on Post Reply (or click Go Advanced at the bottom). Click on the paperclip (to the right of the smiley and font options). In the pop-up box, browse to your ZIP file, select it, and then click the Upload button. Add a bit of descriptive text and then click Submit Reply.

If it's your regular 2E file... I want to say this has happened before. The topic probably still exists in this forum.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Darkmaster

Old March 11th, 2011, 09:06 AM
The entire data file. I can load everything else I have, like the 3e data file, but not this one.

I've got to go now, lunch with a grandparrent. If you could point me to that other thread that would be great, otherwise I'll serch for it when I get back.
Darkmaster is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
What error message are you getting? Without knowing that, it's hard to know what to suggest.

As a last resort, you can re-download the 2e data files from the updates mechanism, and check the "Delete all files not replaced by import" box - that will restore you to a "vanilla" set of data files. However, it will delete any custom data files you created, so be sure to back those up first.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Darkmaster

Old March 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM
There is no error message, I try to load the 2e data file and it just stops there, my program just stops responding.
Darkmaster is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Darkmaster

Old March 11th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Okay, so I actually did try reloading the M&M 2e file, it didn't work.
Darkmaster is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Darkmaster

Old March 11th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Alright, I just nuked the whole program from orbit, and now I can load the datafile... I'm going to have to rebuild all my powers for campagin, but whatever.
Darkmaster is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old March 11th, 2011, 04:45 PM
If you need any help with the coding, I'd be glad to help. ^_^ I usually do alright at it.
Duggan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote