Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What game should we add to Hero Lab next?
World of Darkness 14 10.77%
Shadowrun 23 17.69%
GURPS 7 5.38%
Mutants and Masterminds / True20 15 11.54%
Rifts 8 6.15%
Savage Worlds 5 3.85%
Runequest 5 3.85%
Serenity / Battlestar Galactica 13 10.00%
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay / 40k RPG 23 17.69%
Spycraft D20 17 13.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old April 7th, 2007, 08:55 PM
A few more you might not have been thinking of (which should, at the very least, give the independent tinkerers ideas):

1. Far Future Enterprises is getting ready to release the 5th edition of the pioneering SF RPG Traveller. You ca tell us old-time roleplayers because we had graveyards full of Traveller PCs who died during the process of being rolled up. I think this would be a fun one.

2. If you were to talk with Kenzer & Company, they have the Kingdom of Kalamar setting of d20 setting-specific material that can be used to extend the d20 environment. And they also have Hackmaster, a satirically-presented old-school dungeon-crawling RPG (basically this is the game the Knights of the Dinner Table have been playing all these years) and the new western game Hard Eight.

3. Have you talked with R. Talsorian? Cyberpunk 3rd Edition might be an interesting dataset to do, and so would Mekton Zeta 9especally if you include the mecha-building system).

4. And, to add to the chorus -- d20 Modern.
MPHopcroft is offline   #41
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM
At 09:55 PM 4/7/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
1. Far Future Enterprises is getting ready to release the 5th edition of the pioneering SF RPG Traveller. You ca tell us old-time roleplayers because we had graveyards full of Traveller PCs who died during the process of being rolled up. I think this would be a fun one.
The game that wouldn't die. :-> I remember Traveller from my early days of gaming - 30 years ago. I'm one of those old-timers myself. :-> Do you know if FFE is going to be attending the GAMA Tradeshow later this month? If so, we can talk to them there.

Quote:
2. If you were to talk with Kenzer & Company, they have the Kingdom of Kalamar setting of d20 setting-specific material that can be used to extend the d20 environment. And they also have Hackmaster, a satirically-presented old-school dungeon-crawling RPG (basically this is the game the Knights of the Dinner Table have been playing all these years) and the new western game Hard Eight.
The Kalamar stuff makes a lot of sense. We'll see about talking to them at the tradeshow later this month. I'm not sure what sort of fit would be appropriate for Hackmaster, since it's one of the few RPGs I've never even looked at. So I'll have to investigate. For Aces & Eights, it's not even out yet, so I don't know anything about the game. We should be able to get a peak at the tradeshow.

Quote:
3. Have you talked with R. Talsorian? Cyberpunk 3rd Edition might be an interesting dataset to do, and so would Mekton Zeta 9especally if you include the mecha-building system).
Much of our gaming group were huge fans of 2nd Edition Cyberpunk, and we had a 5+ year campaign that we ran. However, the 3rd Edition went in a completely different direction from what we loved about the game, so we haven't pursued it much. It's one of those games that we'll be looking at closely once we get a critical mass of games into place this summer. Mekton is predominantly the same basic system, so it would make sense to do both at the same time.

Quote:
4. And, to add to the chorus -- d20 Modern.
Yep. That ones definitely of importance to us.
rob is offline   #42
kuni_tetsu
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via Yahoo to kuni_tetsu Send a message via Skype™ to kuni_tetsu

Old May 1st, 2007, 02:42 PM
Given what is going on at Wizkids/Fanpro with regard to Shadowrun, I know it will take some time, but I would still love to see SR3 and SR4 get a treatment :lol:
kuni_tetsu is offline   #43
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2007, 09:39 PM
At 03:42 PM 5/1/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Given what is going on at Wizkids/Fanpro with regard to Shadowrun, I know it will take some time, but I would still love to see SR3 and SR4 get a treatment [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/img]
Everything regarding SR is current in a holding pattern. We have obtained a verbal green light from all the necessary folks, including the folks at WizKids. But formal details can't be dealt with until the dust settles after the current IMR deal. So I doubt we'll have anything released in 2007. :-(
rob is offline   #44
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old May 8th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Scion, the new WW game about Gods and their kids that may or may not be part of the WoD (but, like Exalted, uses similar rules) would certainly be a neat thing to do as part of the WoD package. In fact, I wonder if the license could be extended to the Storyteller system in general, with official support for in-print games and out-of-print titles being user mods.

Were you in touch with Craft Games at all for any word on support for Spycraft 2.0?
MPHopcroft is offline   #45
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 12th, 2007, 04:12 AM
At 10:07 PM 5/8/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Scion, the new WW game about Gods and their kids that may or may not be part of the WoD (but, like Exalted, uses similar rules) would certainly be a neat thing to do as part of the WoD package. In fact, I wonder if the license could be extended to the Storyteller system in general, with official support for in-print games and out-of-print titles being user mods.
We've discussed adding support for games like Exalted and Scion with WW. They have been receptive to the idea thus far, but nothing is for sure. We first need to get the WoD files completed and released, then we can discuss the other systems with them in further detail.

Quote:
Were you in touch with Craft Games at all for any word on support for Spycraft 2.0?
The folks from Crafty Games definitely want us to support the new Spycraft release. However, they have made substantive changes throughout the system, so the work involved to fully implement Spycraft support is similarly substantial. We need to figure out a solution regarding Spycraft wherein we don't have to do all the work in-house, since we could likely add support for multiple other game systems in the time it would take to fully support Spycraft. The Crafty folks are patiently waiting on us to get back to them about this, but the current thinking is to get the Authoring Kit completed and then enlist outside assistance for Spycraft.
rob is offline   #46
Mark_A_Siefert

Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHopcroft
1. Seconded, and I'd like to see Hero Lab be able to accommodate Traveller D20 and 2320 AD from QLI which adds a prior history system to the D20 rules.

Also...

2. Savage Words: Featuring all it's various sourcebooks and settings.

3. Silhouette System: Namely Jovian Chronicles, Heavy Gear, and Gear Krieg.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert
Mark_A_Siefert is offline   #47
faramir1968

Old June 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
First, I must say, this is a first-rate product. Simple, easy to use, clean. Very well done, I recommend it to all my friends.

Second, I see comments for D20Modern. Excellent. My personal request would be for T20 Traveller. I know the demand is probably not there, but hey, I figure its not that far from D20Modern so why not ask?

Thanks again for a great product.
faramir1968 is offline   #48
MPHopcroft

Old June 15th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I would like to see some support for some of the other OGL-based games that have their own variant rules. Some examples of these would be Arcana Evolved, Iron Heroes, McWod (the upcoming Monte Cook's World of Darkness from White Wolf), and the various OGL games from Mongoose (like Conan, Starship troopers, WARS, Babylon 5, Steampunk, Horror, Western, etc.).

Perhaps you could persuaude Green Ronin to let you do true20/Blue Rose.

The Runequest data package set could easily recieve optional expansions for the Glorantha, Lankhmar and various third-party settings and rulesets.

Although it would be more for database than for doing math and calculations, a Prose Descriptve Qualities dataset would be useful for players of games like Zorceror of Zo, Truth & Justice, and Questers of the Middle Realms.

Finally, I think that you might consider for Gencon 2008 releasing a speicloa 1.5 edition that includes ALL the datasets at a bundle price -- as well as providing a similar bundle price for which existing users can do complete upgrades. It would be an expensive purchase, but very handy for people who play lots of different games.
MPHopcroft is offline   #49
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 19th, 2007, 03:29 PM
At 12:15 PM 6/15/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps you could persuaude Green Ronin to let you do true20/Blue Rose.
They have already said "yes" to True20. We'll be doing it after we get M&M done.

Quote:
The Runequest data package set could easily recieve optional expansions for the Glorantha, Lankhmar and various third-party settings and rulesets.
That's definitely the plan.

Quote:
Finally, I think that you might consider for Gencon 2008 releasing a speicloa 1.5 edition that includes ALL the datasets at a bundle price -- as well as providing a similar bundle price for which existing users can do complete upgrades. It would be an expensive purchase, but very handy for people who play lots of different games.
Interesting idea. We'll put that on the list of things to consider for 2008.
rob is offline   #50
Closed Thread