Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Aaron

Old September 4th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakahn99 View Post
A MONTH OR TWO!?!...are you kidding?

copied/pasted from the realm works kickstarter...

Pack Member: You’ll receive a copy of the Realm Works software when it is publicly released. You’ll also be listed as a Pack Member supporter in the manual and have a corresponding Pack Member badge next to your user name on the Realm Works server. You'll receive the monthly Realm Works developer blog as well.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY
Jul 2013

ESTIMATED DELIVERY of 2013... thats 4 years and still waiting on the content market... i mean they know they have people waiting on this and they aparantly know they have a small development team... they should devote resources to finish the promised projects BEFORE starting on another poject if they want to inspire trust rather than start something now....
I don't think it is fair to make this comparison. The two main programs we make have different teams, different scopes, and different complexities. If you want to estimate timelines for HLO, you're better off looking at how HL has performed in the past than Realm Works.
Aaron is offline   #71
Winterfyre

Old September 4th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Maybe a couple are, most are not. I mean.. backups and hacks, do you require all companies you interact online with to tell you exactly what they do for these things?

Price changes? That's another non-issue, it's a service, why in the hell would they refund the money if the price went up. Let's get some real questions answered not these useless ones.
The company is asking us to pay for data packages, some of which are rather pricey. They now wish to charge us an rental fee to access those data packs, the ones we paid for.

They claim they fee will be negligible, $2.

I want to know what happens when the fee be comes non negligible BEFORE I sink hundred of dollars on Starfinder data packs they can at some point charge whatever they want for me to continue using.

You might have enough free cash lying around you can afford to pay $4, $5, $19.95 a month to access data you already paid for, I can't.
Winterfyre is offline   #72
EightBitz

Old September 4th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I don't think it is fair to make this comparison. The two main programs we make have different teams, different scopes, and different complexities. If you want to estimate timelines for HLO, you're better off looking at how HL has performed in the past than Realm Works.
I recall an announcement that Starfinder would be released for Hero Lab by the end of August, and then that was delayed due to con crud, which is fine except that now it's become maybe never.
EightBitz is offline   #73
Toblakai

Old September 4th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfyre View Post
The company is asking us to pay for data packages, some of which are rather pricey. They now wish to charge us an rental fee to access those data packs, the ones we paid for.

They claim they fee will be negligible, $2.

I want to know what happens when the fee be comes non negligible BEFORE I sink hundred of dollars on Starfinder data packs they can at some point charge whatever they want for me to continue using.

You might have enough free cash lying around you can afford to pay $4, $5, $19.95 a month to access data you already paid for, I can't.
Don't buy it then, duh.
Toblakai is offline   #74
EightBitz

Old September 4th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Quote:
There was also the announcement that Cortex sales have been TEMPORARILY suspended. (Emphasis was Rob's, not mine.)

And there was an announcement at some point that an agreement had been reached to release the BASIC system for free.

EDIT: The BASIC system might been announced as free to anyone who's already purchased Call of Cthulhu. But still.

EDIT #2: I'm not pointing these things out to demoralize anyone or to throw stones. I love Hero Lab. I actively use it, and I will continue to purchase data sets for it as my finances allow and as my interests are piqued. My only point was to keep the conversation honest. Hero Lab development has had some bumps in the road.

Last edited by EightBitz; September 4th, 2017 at 05:15 PM.
EightBitz is offline   #75
Aaron

Old September 4th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I recall an announcement that Starfinder would be released for Hero Lab by the end of August, and then that was delayed due to con crud, which is fine except that now it's become maybe never.
Where did you get "maybe never"? What have I been working on for the last couple months then?
Aaron is offline   #76
daplunk

Old September 4th, 2017, 10:13 PM
There's been some confusion Aaron.

Quote:
Even more exciting, we’ll be demoing Starfinder and our brand new program, Hero Lab Online, which will be joining our family of products this fall!
From what I can tell the formatting of this sentence is being used by some to indicate that Starfinder support for Hero Lab was announced. To most it's clear and we certainly know now that you are releasing Star Finder on Hero Lab Online and not Hero Lab Classic.

I suspect this is the basis for the 'never'.

Quote:
Q: Will Hero Lab Classic support Starfinder.
A: Starfinder is a unique system with various aspects that are much better suited to Hero Lab Online. Heck, that’s why we’re focusing on Starfinder first! Consequently, we will not be offering Starfinder in Hero Lab Classic, at least initially, as it wouldn’t be as powerful or enjoyable to use.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #77
Aaron

Old September 4th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Ah, thanks for clarifying, I guess.
Aaron is offline   #78
EightBitz

Old September 4th, 2017, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Where did you get "maybe never"? What have I been working on for the last couple months then?
On August 3rd, the second post in this thread:

"We are working hard to bring Starfinder character creation to everyone by the end of the month."

EDIT: This was an answer to the first post in this thread, which was: "So what's the skinny on Starfinder? It's dropping very soon and I'd like to add it to my HL & RW."

Nothing was mentioned about HLO. I don't think HLO had even been officially announced on August 3rd.

There's no interpretation here. There's no ambiguity.

Last edited by EightBitz; September 4th, 2017 at 11:00 PM.
EightBitz is offline   #79
EightBitz

Old September 4th, 2017, 11:15 PM
In regards to "maybe never", I can't find where I read that, but I'm pretty sure I did.

If you're saying that's wrong, though, then say it clearly. Can you say with certainty that Starfinder will be released for Hero Lab Classic (nee Hero Lab)?
EightBitz is offline   #80
Closed Thread