Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Chemlak

Old March 10th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
My recollection is similar, but not identical.

The Repository was not called "Community" anything, as I recall.. it was your local "storage" of resources. In that early discussion, purchased materials from the Content Market would "land" there, to be used and re-used locally. It was, at that time, the mechanism for re-using your own Realms as well.

That was 2 years ago, though. As Chemlak stated, the way LoneWolf has talked about this seems to have merged the Repository with the Content Market. I even suggested providing an update to this as a subject for one of the Spotlight articles.
Post from Rob mentioning it.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 10th, 2016, 12:18 PM
It would be really helpful to get a sense of timing for phases for the Market and when we will be able to share content with ourselves.
AEIOU is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 10th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
It would be really helpful to get a sense of timing for phases for the Market and when we will be able to share content with ourselves.
Not going to happen. It can only hurt LWD to give ETAs.

If LWD would have funded in a way other than Kickstarter and if LWD would have refused to give estimates and ETAs from the beginning, there would be a lot less drama on these discussion boards.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old March 11th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Not going to happen. It can only hurt LWD to give ETAs.

If LWD would have funded in a way other than Kickstarter and if LWD would have refused to give estimates and ETAs from the beginning, there would be a lot less drama on these discussion boards.
Some projectmanagement 101:
When you are working in a project there are three ways you have 'control' over the outcome: Budget, Time and Quality.These are linked together. If you increase in one area the others have to compensate.
So if I want a better quality I will have to increase time or budget. If budget is limited (as is the case with LWD, as they are a small company), time will be the one that will increase.
If you determine that I want it next month I will have to increase either budget or decrease quality.

LWD is a small company with a limited budget, so they cannot make much changes in that. With the kickstarter they had some extra budget and they did hire extra staff, but it is still limited in what they can do.
So they can only work with time and quality.
At the moment their main focus is quality. They wish to give us a tool that has a high standard of quality.
This means that when they have a set back in the development they will have to increase time to maintain their level of quality. And since you cannot foresee all the set backs that occur they will not give us a fixed date.
If they fix the date they will have to decrease quality to make the date if they experience set backs.

So the choice is either a high quality product 'soon' or a mediocre or bad product on april 1st. Currently LWD choose for the first and to be honest I support that.
Cornelius is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 11th, 2016, 10:01 AM
I will snigger if the Content Market goes live before or on April 1st.

Regardless, you're absolutely correct, Cornelius, and I completely support LWD's unwavering stance on quality > time.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 11th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
I will snigger if the Content Market goes live before or on April 1st.

Regardless, you're absolutely correct, Cornelius, and I completely support LWD's unwavering stance on quality > time.
Snigger? I would cry out in joyous exultation!

The must definitely be getting close given the focus of the Spotlight Series. Maybe the Easter Bunny will have something special in his basket for us this year.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 11th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Some projectmanagement 101:
When you are working in a project there are three ways you have 'control' over the outcome: Budget, Time and Quality.These are linked together. If you increase in one area the others have to compensate.
So if I want a better quality I will have to increase time or budget. If budget is limited (as is the case with LWD, as they are a small company), time will be the one that will increase.
PM triangle described very nicely!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote