Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 28th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Ah, you spoiled it. And here @weogarth was trying to be

SUBTLE

As a housebrick...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old August 29th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Ah, you spoiled it. And here @weogarth was trying to be

SUBTLE

*laugh* Well, I haven't been on the boards much of late so I wanted to be sure you and Chemlak knew how I still felt. 4:35am ET for that post, Rob? Still keeping those crazy hours I see. Take care of yourself; you can't do much if you're crispier than our breakfast bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
As a housebrick...
Hey!
weogarth is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old August 29th, 2015, 05:07 AM
Good to know that the calendar champions are still around and nudging where appropriate. I, of course, am simply trying to be calendars good and not apply pressure about things calendars unnecessarily.

Still...

Calendars

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 29th, 2015, 05:31 AM
...are completely off-topic in a request thread about passwords.

Parody is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 29th, 2015, 06:50 AM
@Parody: Not really. We've learned the best way to get Rob's attention is to mention calendars in a thread he should look at. He's like a moth and can't resist. Just look at this thread -- see it works!

Less passwords! More calendars!
AEIOU is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@Parody: Not really. We've learned the best way to get Rob's attention is to mention calendars in a thread he should look at. He's like a moth and can't resist. Just look at this thread -- see it works!

Less passwords! More calendars!
First of all, passwords aren't going away any time soon. They are required for the web, as @Parody helpfully pointed out, not to mention syncing to the server. So any changes will come after lots of other things that are higher priority.

Also, I've learned to ignore all the calendar references. I just thought it was cute the way that @weogarth inserted them in his post. I'm working around the clock these days, and I'm punchy, so I commented on the approach.
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 29th, 2015, 12:45 PM
I normally ignore those posts, but it bugs me when the calendar spam takes up more posts and monitor-inches than the actual thread topic. :(

Parody is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old August 29th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Also, I've learned to ignore all the calendar references. I just thought it was cute the way that @weogarth inserted them in his post. I'm working around the clock these days, and I'm punchy, so I commented on the approach.
Wait, you're ignoring us? But, but, but....

Appreciate your dedication, not just in the hours but in how you guys approach the programming. But I was serious about burnout; I've been there, it's overrated. And you do silly things. We all want awesome things, and we want them yesterday, but as Count Rugen said "Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything."
weogarth is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old August 29th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I normally ignore those posts, but it bugs me when the calendar spam takes up more posts and monitor-inches than the actual thread topic. :(
I do get that, but when I slipped in the amusing thing, I was actually making a legit point about scope creep. I also had a strong hunch about how Rob would answer.

That being said, sorry that my comment ended up hijacking this. Not sorry for the merriment that was had as a result.
weogarth is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 29th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
As a housebrick...
Hey!
I meant myself, oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
...are completely off-topic in a request thread about passwords.
Partly my fault, sorry!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #20 Reply With Quote