Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Alice3173

Old April 12th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Something that would be really convenient would be to allow us to have tabs open in separate windows and/or having multiple tabs visible at once rather than having to switch back and forth. In addition the ribbon interface is nice and it works but on high resolution monitors even the biggest menu doesn't take up half the screen.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/fFzSIW0.png

This is on a 2560x1440 monitor. There's a ton of wasted space here. Also as a side note it's kind of annoying when you click out of the program to something else then click back in and it switches to the home tab.
Alice3173 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 12th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Are you aware you can collapse the ribbon bar? Click on the arrow just above the ribbon bar on the far right.
davidp is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Alice3173

Old April 12th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I think you might have misunderstood what I meant. I mean that it doesn't make optimal use of all the available space on such a high resolution monitor. For example something like an option that would combine some of the tabs such as the two different ones that seem to only be used for tables if that makes sense.
Alice3173 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 12th, 2014, 07:27 PM
When you say "tabs such as the two different ones that seem to only be used for tables"... do you mean the left-hand side navigation lists, and the right-hand side list of links?

If so, the left-hand navigation pane has options for the display settings. This is actually a tree-control. The default is grouping similar topics into broad categories. On the "Manage" tab of the ribbon, there is a button for "Preferences". Controls for this are present, and this is the only option you can set. In addition, on the menu for that navigation pane (the wrench-and-hammer icon), you can select whether or not to show the content in "Nested Container Hierarchy". If you have use the Containing Topic (as I see you have), enabling this will re-organize the entries into nested items based on the Containing Topic.

The right-hand side can be hidden and un-hidden by double-clicking on the splitter control that sets the width.

As for the vertical space in the main panel.. well, as you add snippets the sections re-size to accommodate them. Text snippets themselves also auto-resize to their contents. Your screen shot does not have any snippets with large blocks of text in them, so you may not have seen this yet. After adding a few large snippets, when the vertical space is filled, a vertical scroll bar will appear on the right as well.

Are these the areas where you are concerned, or is there something else?
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Alice3173

Old April 12th, 2014, 07:59 PM
I meant the layout and design tabs on the ribbon menu when you're editing tables. As for the monitor space I meant horizontally. It uses space vertically just fine.

Also unrelated to the thread topic in particular but I was trying to screenshot the two tabs I meant but ShareX's rectangular snapshot function seems to be incompatible with Realm Works. When I hit the shortcut key for the function ShareX uses up a ton of processor power for 1-2 minutes before it does anything then it basically freezes at that point. I had to force close it through task manager.

Edit: Also I discovered the "Nested Container Hierarchy" option earlier. Very useful but it keeps getting unselected if I switch from the world almanac to the story one or vice-versa.
Alice3173 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 12th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Not as good as ShareX of course, but you could use the Windows Snipping tool to get your screenshot...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 13th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice3173 View Post

Edit: Also I discovered the "Nested Container Hierarchy" option earlier. Very useful but it keeps getting unselected if I switch from the world almanac to the story one or vice-versa.
It has to be set separately on each of the two views, but I have never seen the setting get lost between sessions.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Alice3173

Old April 13th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
Not as good as ShareX of course, but you could use the Windows Snipping tool to get your screenshot...
I'm not familiar with that. I think I (hopefully) explained things enough to not need a screenshot this time though anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
It has to be set separately on each of the two views, but I have never seen the setting get lost between sessions.
I had a feeling that was the case but I've had it reset switching between them a couple times now. A lot of things tend to reset when you switch between tabs or especially when you click outside the program and back in. It's kinda annoying to be honest.
Alice3173 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 13th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice3173 View Post
I had a feeling that was the case but I've had it reset switching between them a couple times now. A lot of things tend to reset when you switch between tabs or especially when you click outside the program and back in. It's kinda annoying to be honest.
You should probably open a support case, then. I click back and forth from PDF to the current tab in RealmWorks making multiple copy-and-paste actions.. and I don't think I have ever seen any issues doing that at all.
Silveras is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Alice3173

Old April 13th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
You should probably open a support case, then. I click back and forth from PDF to the current tab in RealmWorks making multiple copy-and-paste actions.. and I don't think I have ever seen any issues doing that at all.
Alright, I'll look into doing that then.
Alice3173 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote