Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

pyremius

Old January 16th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodice View Post
Was there not some talk of the being able to reveal specific information to specific players being workd on atm? I personally am waiting for this to be released before I run my next campaign. I don't say that to try to apply pressure or anything, and I understand that I might be waiting a while, but its just one of those things that completely changes the way the entire toolset can be applied. I would love to know roughly how far along they are with that one so I can know when I will be able to run that game
If I recall, that was the feature ahead of calendars.
pyremius is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old January 16th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Wow, the reveal of specific information to specific players is higher on the list than the calendar? The call for a calendar was asked for way before that was even mentioned.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 16th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Other than the Content Market and the Web access being the two major things being worked on, I don't remember any commitments to anything else on any timetable.

Per-character reveal (not per-player, since in some games one player may control more than 1 character) *is* in the mix.. but I don't recall any specific order for it. The internal support is supposedly already in place, but nothing specific has been said about the work required to make it available.

Brought to you by the office of Expectations Management.
Silveras is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 16th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Per-character reveal was requested and confirmed during the Kickstarter but was undoubtedly already on the internal feature list. It's not been given a priority that I can remember but it's also not been identified as a major item that will take a lot of effort. I anticipate it being added like the manage names update for aliases. It'll just happen eventually and be a happy surprise.
AEIOU is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 16th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
Wow, the reveal of specific information to specific players is higher on the list than the calendar? The call for a calendar was asked for way before that was even mentioned.
Regarding the calendar system, they have the technical mambo-jumbo more or less ready. The user-interface that allows access to all the goodies is not in place, partly because it has proven very difficult to come up with a good, intuitive and easy GUI. I understand it is possible to access the features but only through a combination of machine code, prayers and liberal amounts of virgins' blood. Apparently the typical user of RW does not much care for that sort of thing.

So, my guess is that getting the individual reveal to work is much easier and faster.

The above is my understanding.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old January 21st, 2016, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
Regarding the calendar system, they have the technical mambo-jumbo more or less ready.
What is this ominous calender thingy everybody seems to be waiting for? I don't miss anything in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
I understand it is possible to access the features but only through a combination of machine code, prayers and liberal amounts of virgins' blood.
Is it also possible to get my data out of RW that way? I think I just saw a virgin walking down the street...

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 21st, 2016, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
What is this ominous calender thingy everybody seems to be waiting for? I don't miss anything in that direction.
Strong with this one, the sarcasm is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
Is it also possible to get my data out of RW that way? I think I just saw a virgin walking down the street...
They still exist?

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #17 Reply With Quote